Market Research

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Have just been invited by a marketing company working for Volvo to attend an event to provide feedback on my XC40. They are paying me £100 plus expenses to " take part in a 1.5 hour face to face discussion about the XC40 (including a short drive-out), where you will be given the opportunity to exchange your experiences with our engineers and designers from Sweden". I better start thinking about what I want to say!

Has anybody else been contacted or attended such an event yet?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18

DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

balmoral wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm Have just been invited by a marketing company working for Volvo to attend an event to provide feedback on my XC40. They are paying me £100 plus expenses to " take part in a 1.5 hour face to face discussion about the XC40 (including a short drive-out), where you will be given the opportunity to exchange your experiences with our engineers and designers from Sweden". I better start thinking about what I want to say!

Great opportunity if you want to give the relevant people feedback.

Wonder how long it will be before an XC40 'Balmoral' Special Edition appears? :)
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

DaveSig2018 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:04 pm
balmoral wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:58 pm Have just been invited by a marketing company working for Volvo to attend an event to provide feedback on my XC40. They are paying me £100 plus expenses to " take part in a 1.5 hour face to face discussion about the XC40 (including a short drive-out), where you will be given the opportunity to exchange your experiences with our engineers and designers from Sweden". I better start thinking about what I want to say!

Wonder how long it will be before an XC40 'Balmoral' Special Edition appears? :)
More importantly - will they provide me with a Balmoral special edition! By the way, I like the pictures of your Inscription in Denim Blue - hope you are enjoying it. Not seen a Denim blue on Notts roads yet - we're a bit east of Nottingham so don't know whether I'm likely to have been on the same roads as you!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Brilliant opportunity. Hope your efforts will help get a few things fixed!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Maybe you could put a few of the problems/ suggestions being put forward in these forums down on paper to present to them? Better still point them in the right direction and get them participating in the forums themselves.

That would be a first and great for public relations, a car company that actually invites feedback from, and hopefully reacts to, their customers...
Ah well, back to reality. That will never happen will it!
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
andygou

Post by andygou »

It would be great if you referred them to this forum during your session.......I have to say it’s the most rational and useful one I’ve ever joined, and refreshingly (almost!) free from “fake news”.#
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

balmoral wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:15 pm
DaveSig2018 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:04 pm

More importantly - will they provide me with a Balmoral special edition! By the way, I like the pictures of your Inscription in Denim Blue - hope you are enjoying it. Not seen a Denim blue on Notts roads yet - we're a bit east of Nottingham so don't know whether I'm likely to have been on the same roads as you!
Really enjoying it so far and am very happy with the colour choice. You never know, our paths my cross on the Nottinghamshire roads at some time...still not seen another XC40 on the road (other than mine of course)
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Maybe you could put a few of the problems/ suggestions being put forward in these forums down on paper to present to them? Better still point them in the right direction and get them participating in the forums themselves.

That would be a first and great for public relations, a car company that actually invites feedback from, and hopefully reacts to, their customers...
Ah well, back to reality. That will never happen will it!
On the Velar and Jaguar FPace forums, JLR customer services are a registered user and will take feedback and suggest ways forward. They are obviously very quick to try and get irate punters onto private messaging though....
wakey

Post by wakey »

I was contacted yesterday GW Fieldwork with an invite to attend the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate on 17th August. The latest 90min slot they could offer was 5pm so I can’t make it. Shame they can’t organise these events at weekends, most people with an XC40 are likely to be working 😂

The chap did say he would see if I could get a later slot but sounded doubtful. £100 would have been nice.
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

Now if they'd offer a Polestar upgrade voucher, I'd be there. :lol:
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18