£350 refund delay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi all
My dealer is very slow with the £350 refund from Volvo for my vehicle a T5 FE delivered without the headlamp washers all they have said is “ we’re making progress” how has anyone else received this refund and how long has it taken ?? When we collected the car it was me who had to mention this refund to him then when he returned from talking with the sales manager he said oh yes there is a claims form that needs to be submitted and supposedly they have done it !!!
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

With mine, the dealer has refunded it to me from them and are chasing Volvo themselves rather than me having to wait around. To be fair, I'd submitted a very bad survey response to the whole experience with that dealer, so I think they just wanted to make me happier quickly.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

Tommo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 am Hi all
My dealer is very slow with the £350 refund from Volvo for my vehicle a T5 FE delivered without the headlamp washers all they have said is “ we’re making progress” how has anyone else received this refund and how long has it taken ?? When we collected the car it was me who had to mention this refund to him then when he returned from talking with the sales manager he said oh yes there is a claims form that needs to be submitted and supposedly they have done it !!!
I would be arguing that my contract was with dealer so they could give me the £350 and sort the issue with Volvo themselves...in fact I would probably have deducted it from the amount due on handover!
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

As it happens had a call from my salesman today he said the refund has been authorised and as soon as they have it in writing they will send me the money
andygou

Post by andygou »

In my case I chased the salesman several times over about 6 weeks with no reply, then discovered (after involving Volvo Customer Support) that he had left the dealership (Sturgess Leicester) just after I took delivery of the car. Once I made contact with the new salesman however, he pushed the £350 through via bank transfer within a few days..........reading between the lines I suspect the dealership paid the money themselves as Volvo’s offer seemed to have “timed out”.

So just keep pushing - hopefully you will get there in the end!
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
RachThomo

Post by RachThomo »

My dealer rang to say they would be sending me £350, asked for my bank details and it was there the next day!? Seems different dealers are doing things different ways!
FE Osmium Grey and Lava! 20” wheels (although it’s arrived with 19’s and no headlight cleaning system). :roll: Ordered January 21st. Delivery date July 21st!!
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Yep true will give it a few days then get back onto them
amwuk

Post by amwuk »

Do all FE owners qualify for the £350 refund if they didn't receive the headlight washers, or perhaps those who ordered before a particular date? I placed my order on launch night, and despite my original quotation paperwork (created about 10 days before launch night) showing the spec included the washers, they were no longer included in the spec by the time my actual order paperwork was created.

Just wondering who does and doesn't qualify for the refund.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I would imagine if the car was advertised with washers when ordered then it’s part of your contract to have them so if they are emitted then you should be entitled to the refund
Still haven’t received my payment yet so emailed the salesman yesterday and depending on his reply the next email will be off to Volvo uk
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

amwuk wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 pm Do all FE owners qualify for the £350 refund if they didn't receive the headlight washers, or perhaps those who ordered before a particular date? I placed my order on launch night, and despite my original quotation paperwork (created about 10 days before launch night) showing the spec included the washers, they were no longer included in the spec by the time my actual order paperwork was created.

Just wondering who does and doesn't qualify for the refund.
It's the FE spec to have the washers on it, that's what I bought when I ordered. The FE was never spec'd without the washers. So the £350 is a refund on the list price for having an item missing.
If the dealer discussed the missing headlight washers and a price was agreed to account for the lack of them then I guess the refund isn't valid, but in my case I paid for an FE and wasn't given discount at the time for them not being included.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)