£350 refund delay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NKXC40

Post by NKXC40 »

The day after delivery I realised my FE did not have headlamp cleaning. I wrote an email to the Dealership on the basis that I had paid for the washers and had not received them. (I was only aware of the £350 refund after visiting this Forum) I received a call from the Dealer Prinipal by return who apologised and issued a cheque saying that it would take some time to recover the cost from Volvo but that was his problem not mine. The cheque arrived the next day.

The interesting thing is that would they have refunded the money if I had not asked, I have my doubts.
D4 AWD First Edition Crystal White. 19” Wheels. No headlamp wash. Delivered 8th June after 16 weeks.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

NKXC40 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:38 pm The day after delivery I realised my FE did not have headlamp cleaning. I wrote an email to the Dealership on the basis that I had paid for the washers and had not received them. (I was only aware of the £350 refund after visiting this Forum) I received a call from the Dealer Prinipal by return who apologised and issued a cheque saying that it would take some time to recover the cost from Volvo but that was his problem not mine. The cheque arrived the next day.

The interesting thing is that would they have refunded the money if I had not asked, I have my doubts.
Maybe this forum could request a 10% levy from all the £350 cheques it has helped liberate from VCUK? We could then perhaps arrange a self funded members meet up & party somewhere?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Oakview

Post by Oakview »

pjm007 we should do that anyway! XC40 Owners Club inaugural Meeting...
XC40 FE | MY19 (cancelled MY18.5 order) | T5 AWD | Crystal White | took on order March, arrived 5th September : :D : |
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Well finally given up with patience with the salesman and dealership Harratts in Wakefield trying to get the refund for lack of headlamp washers on my car been told several times now it will be sorted but to no availe does anyone have the contact details for Volvo uk ?? When the satisfaction questionnaire arrives it definitely won’t be a fully satisfied response
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Shame to hear about that Tommo. That's the same dealer I used for my car and found them to be very good, who was your salesman?

Have you spoken to the sales manager there? He's also been very good with me and a very personable guy.

PM me if you don't want to name and shame publically but I'd be interested to know.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Q
Last edited by Tommo on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Tommo wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm Salesman is Paul Hannah been very lax all the way through not at all professional with the paperwork either when I asked for paperwork for the 5 yr service agreement all I got was a screenshot via email
Jus had a email saying paperwork has been done and and sent to head office so that’s passed the book again no idea of timescale as to when a cheque will arrive
Paul was my salesman too Tommo but can't say I found him lax at all, very efficient in fact. I also received the majority of my paperwork by e-mail, including for the Polestar upgrade but it wasn't a problem asking for anything printed and I prefer electronic format anyway as it's easier to find and reference in future.

I'd try going through Jim Murray the sales manager if you're not getting anywhere with Paul as he can be a bit laid back I must admit. Jim couldn't do enough for me when Paul wasn't around to answer any queries I had during the sales process.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Yeah that’s my next port of call I think
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Yeah lax maybe not right description laid back defo a better descriptiption have to just wait and see now if my money finally arrives don’t know how long they expecting me to wait for it