time disappears and car cannot find key fob?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lynn654837

Post by lynn654837 »

Is anyone having an issue with the time disappearing on the driver and center consul? This has happened to me randomly many times. When I start the car the time is gone. Once this happens the only way I can get it back is to go into settings and set it up again. I checked to make sure the driver profile is correct also. Not sure what is going on. The other issue I have, again randomly, is I will be driving and an alert will come up on the driver consul saying the "key fob is out of range". I have it in my lap! I received my XC40 T5 Momentum in June I have spent many hours driving it.

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Sometimes when I get in the car and try to start the engine it tells me key is out of range although it has allowed me to open the doors ok then when I press the starter button a second time the car starts ok
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Someone at work had the problem with the key fob. Wouldn’t even let him lock the car while he went home to pick up the spare. Advice for Volvo in Leeds was to carry both the fob and leisure fob. Bad enough if you have the leisure fob, but what those that don’t?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
chadwell10

Post by chadwell10 »

I cant comment on the time display as I am still XC40-less; but on my previous car a Qashqai I was getting a similar message. New batteries in the key fob solved the problem. Good Luck
T3 FWD Inscription Pro |Onyx Black | Winter Pack | Intellisafe Surround | 360 Cameras