MPG - Again :-)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

Dermottdog wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 pm
DB2k wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am yearning for another T5 owner to appear and give me some reassurance its not just my car thats so thirsty
Well, yearn on my friend!
I’m getting 26.9. Driven entirely in comfort with a/c always on. But, my saving grace could be that I’ve only done just over 600 miles. Then again, as I’m technically still running it in, I’m very easy on the gas :roll:
awesome.. thats the same as mine then. well i get a bit more but mines a year old this month
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD

Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

Had my T5 for 2 months. Bought it with 9,000 miles on the clock getting 28mpg. Not been on any long runs yet but due to do 1,000 miles in May going up to the Moray coast. Had thought about going the diesel route but due to cities like Bristol thinking about banning diesels from the city centres and Volvo ceasing production of the XC 40 diesel in a few months time it was a no brainer. Very happy with the car, miss the power of the M etc but a lot more comfortable and a lot easier for my wife to get in and out of.
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

Yup I'm in about the 28mpg for usual daily use inc motorway commute. If I'm stuck in traffic in town it drops toward 26. When I drove to Cornwall from London it was around 30 for a while.
I'd have gone electric if it had been available at the time I needed one I think. But that's for the next car in a few years now.
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
GCxc40

Post by GCxc40 »

I’ve had my T4 six days and 389 miles. In the first couple of days of short trips around town I had some very thirsty performance but a sixty mile round trip from cold achieved 38 mpg and today a 150 mile round trip with 140 on motorways in Eco mode between 65 and 70 mph mostly using cruise control yielded 42.8 mpg.
Having read some of the numbers people get I am more than pleased at that. I’ve learned how to get MPG numbers from trips with no problem but I’ve yet find the way to show instantaneous MPG ,I’m sure it’s obvious when you know how but I’d appreciate any pointers as I haven’t found the manual helpful.
T4 FWD Inscription ,Xenium Pack,Intellisafe,Winter Pack,Towbar, Glacier Silver
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Reached the dizzy heights of 27.3 today 😂
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

My T4 AWD is averaging 32mpg in mixed motoring. However currently holidaying in the south-west England and achieved 51mpg on the 350mile trip down. Averaging 45mpg overall on the trip as a whole.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

My T5 is just over 3 months old and over 2,000 miles and I am seeing an increase in MPG on both urban and motorway. Getting 37+mpg on longer runs (m25 so stop start) now and 29 mpg on local trips.

I have being using different petrol stations and always drive in comfort mode (with the odd bit of dynamic) so I guess this could be the engine settling in - very happy with these figures.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

@Reg

51 is amazing, what was your cruising speed and were you in comfort or eco?
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

The same here, very poor MPG and after 4006 miles on the clock and driven like Miss Daisy, just had its first service last week so asked about the MPG and they said 28 is about right.
If this is what I could have expected I would have chosen a different car, our other option was a Porsche Macan but wanted to keep under the 40k tax threshold but ended up going over that anyway however we are pleased with the car but with all the toys and the MPG I think we would have taken our other option.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

72 dudes wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:25 pm @Reg

51 is amazing, what was your cruising speed and were you in comfort or eco?
I used a mix of comfort and eco, mostly comfort. The m6 is plagued by 50mph average speed camera runs at the moment. So lots of 50mph, and where not restricted I cruised at 65mph. I'm not a speed merchant. But I did get 51mpg overall on the long run down.