MPG - Again :-)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

If you drop it into performance mode its WAY more responsive gearing wise. Well.. my T5 is.
And I am getting sub 30mpg
[/quote]

I did try dynamic mode, using it throughout from one fill up to the next. Shocked at the result when I got just 24mpg so haven’t used it since.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Out of curiousity what mileage did you get out of your initial set of tyres? Presume this was your first service, 12 months doesn't seem a long life.
[/quote]

I managed to get 28k miles out of the first set - 2 years.

it was the FE demonstrator for Bells in Northampton so I got it after six months. I suspect it was driven reasonably hard as a demonstrator / sales persons car.

Also needed rear pads replacing - 96% worn apparently.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

Done a trip from Cheshire to Harrogate and back, including being stuck in a jam on the M62, plus a trip down the Wirral today, done 260 miles, showing 288 miles range at half a tank plus 52.3mpg.

D3 FWD manual Momentum Pro with 8500 miles.
Jock 90

Post by Jock 90 »

Collected my Inscription T3 today from the dealer in Gloucester. Journey back to Leeds was 180 miles and trip computer shows 35.8 mpg.
Was pleased with that as I am disabled and new to the car. I'm sure it will get better as i become more familiar with the car.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I got mine from Gloucester. Dealt with Oliver.

I’ve got 1000 miles on the clock now and today’s journey returned my best ever result of 35.2 mpg.

Seems to be getting better as it loosens up.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

yearning for another T5 owner to appear and give me some reassurance its not just my car thats so thirsty
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

I've always kept a spreadsheet of fuel bought for each car in the family. Our XC40 T5 Inscription Pro has now done 5,000 miles from new, mixed driving from round town to 200 mile motorway trips. Average mpg is 29.12 (UK gallons of course) - which is poorer than I expected. I've had two other 2 litre petrol engine cars - a Vauxhall Carlton (29.8 mpg across 130,000 miles) and a Ford Mondeo (34.2 mpg also across 130,000 miles) but these two were company cars and driven MUCH harder than the XC40. Frankly I'm extremely disappointed by the Volvo's fuel consumption, although the quiet and comfort make up for it.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Have any of you guys compared the vehicle display of MPG with the true MPG as determined by gallons refuelled after known miles (with tank topped up to full, obviously!). My XC40 is too new to know, but my previous V40 with the T2 four cylinder engine gave me several miles per gallon less than the displayed amount.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

DB2k wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am yearning for another T5 owner to appear and give me some reassurance its not just my car thats so thirsty
Well, yearn on my friend!
I’m getting 26.9. Driven entirely in comfort with a/c always on. But, my saving grace could be that I’ve only done just over 600 miles. Then again, as I’m technically still running it in, I’m very easy on the gas :roll:
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
julesski

Post by julesski »

DB2k wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am yearning for another T5 owner to appear and give me some reassurance its not just my car thats so thirsty
I have a T5 R design and generally get around 9.5 ltr per hundred K in NZ. Not great but mostly crap traffic driving, much better on a run

Great car after 1.5 years ownership. Only issue so far was boot release /camera assembly falling off, replaced under warranty (known fault)

Only complaint would be fuel efficiency could be better and having driven a Tesla model 3 performance - want one of those 😀

Jules