MPG - Again :-)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

How’ did u find the eco air con setting ?? I notice it does come on when eco drive mode is selected but couldn’t find it as a permanent setting in the climate option
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June

Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

ok... Run from Malvern to Northampton and back over last few days...

going there took in M5, M42, M6 and M1... mostly motorway speeds - aprt from M6 which seemed to be 50 mph all the way..

Roughly 100 mile trip.

Going - with air con = normal 48.8 mpg
Coming home - no air con = 52.1

both in eco mode, running cruise when ever possible.

journey distance and time to complete almost identical so not much to choose between driving styles
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Tommo wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:01 am How’ did u find the eco air con setting ?? I notice it does come on when eco drive mode is selected but couldn’t find it as a permanent setting in the climate option
Uh... good question! I assume it was in the climate settings menu. I had 30 minutes to wait for my wife so I had a play with the computer, but suspect I only got as far as the basics.
D4 Inscription
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

You can change the eco climate on the individual drive mode settings
1. Press Settings in the top view.

2. Press My Car select Individual Drive Mode and then
select Individual Drive Mode

3. In Presets, select a drive mode to start from: Eco, Comfort or Dynamic.
Possible adjustments apply to settings for:
• Driver Display
• Steering force
• Powertrain Characteristics • Brake Characteristics
• Suspension Control
• ECO Climate
• Start/Stop.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Thanks for that Shaenei I haven’t ventured that deep into all the settings yet so haven’t set up an individual setting
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Teeceee wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 am ok... Run from Malvern to Northampton and back over last few days...

going there took in M5, M42, M6 and M1... mostly motorway speeds - aprt from M6 which seemed to be 50 mph all the way..

Roughly 100 mile trip.

Going - with air con = normal 48.8 mpg
Coming home - no air con = 52.1

both in eco mode, running cruise when ever possible.

journey distance and time to complete almost identical so not much to choose between driving styles
That must have been a hot journey back! Good data though, 3.3mpg for air con seems quite a lot!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

ste12 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:08 pm 700 miles to date mainly taken up with 500 mile return trip to Cornwall on very quiet A roads/motorways both ways. Current average is 44 mpg.
How are you finding the D3 ste12?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I can’t help thinking that if folks are that concerned by the mpg they are getting, they might have been better off with a different car. A blocky SUV is not something that you purchase for its economy!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

im not worried, as i claim all fuel expenses, but am interested to see how a brand new car to market is performing...
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
dsun18

Post by dsun18 »

I've got a T5 FE and mpg is pretty much what I expected. On a long motorway with a fairly light foot I can get 35mpg. In more mixtured conditions of city and motorway, more like 28mpg. In London on short commutes around 23mpg. Saying that my previous 2016 bmw 520d could achieve 61mpg on paper and I only got about 30mpg max on short London commutes. One thing I have found is that using pilot assist or adaptive cruise on journeys where it makes sense definitely achieves higher mpg than I could with my own foot... I guess just muh smoother. I only do 5000 miles a year so not really an issue for me.
Volvo XC40 First Edition T5, Grey Osmium, 20" wheels