WiFI Connection to Home Router

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Sevenoaks Boy

Post by Sevenoaks Boy »

The cars WiFi search is unable to find not just my home WiFi but any Wifi other than my mobile phone.
I have Sensus and an onboard data sim which I have disconnected.
Anyone any ideas why the WiFi scan is not finding any of the more than 10 strong Wifi signals within 30 mtrs.

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

I know it’s no help but I have exactly the same problem, will not pick mine up either, even when I’m parked within 3 metres
T5 First edition Crystal White
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Sevenoaks Boy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:57 pm The cars WiFi search is unable to find not just my home WiFi but any Wifi other than my mobile phone.
I have Sensus and an onboard data sim which I have disconnected.
Anyone any ideas why the WiFi scan is not finding any of the more than 10 strong Wifi signals within 30 mtrs.
Just checked this feature again. I have no problems. Possibly a need for your dealer’s tech guy to check it out? They can check it via their dealer WiFi router used when servicing.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
varavital

Post by varavital »

It works in my car, but on the main display it only shows a weak signal. The router is only 4 meters away. With the windows open, it's much better. Seems like the car is searching for a wifi signal inside te car as if you are connecting it through your cell phone inside your car.
The road is more important than the destination.