Rear camera for the 360º

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
narroz

Post by narroz »

Dear Volvo Friends,

I have a reservation made to XC40 T3 156cv Inscription Tech Edition Man 6 Vel.
I would like to know the real explanation for the limitation of not being able to swap the rear camera for the 360º with just an upgrade the respective value.
Is this a limitation on the whole production of xc40? or was oblivion and is to be a fault that is corrected at the request of the customer?
I really appreciate a very quick answer cause my car will enter in production line very soon.

Best Regards,
Nuno

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

narroz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:34 am Dear Volvo Friends,

I have a reservation made to XC40 T3 156cv Inscription Tech Edition Man 6 Vel.
I would like to know the real explanation for the limitation of not being able to swap the rear camera for the 360º with just an upgrade the respective value.
Is this a limitation on the whole production of xc40? or was oblivion and is to be a fault that is corrected at the request of the customer?
I really appreciate a very quick answer cause my car will enter in production line very soon.

Best Regards,
Nuno
Nuno,

There are very different models and set configurations in Portugal compared to the UK. For example we don't have a Tech Edition. So far as I can see from your Portugese online configurator you simply don't have any choice of a 360 degree camera at all, even as part of a Pack. So there is no chance of upgrading the reversing camera, which comes as standard on your Tech Edition, to the 360. You should check this of course with your local dealer. In the UK you can configure the 360 camera separately but the base cars have different starting configurations to yours.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
narroz

Post by narroz »

Hi,
Your interpretation is 100% correct. The point is that with different packs between countries. I see this happening to boost sales and hence the Tech Edition that is even for free but i can not understand there is no option to have a separate config to the 360 camera.

This could happen because of country limitations and this could be an explanation but sorry we are talking about just a camera to replace the rear camera to the new one. Price ??? if the Client pays why will not make it available to him ?

Why are Volvo limiting the Portuguese Clients to having an option that could be very interesting? What valid explanation for this to happen to the PT market ?

I really like to have these answers from Volvo but from the house mother in Sweden.

Br,
Nuno
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Sorry - not the house mother here. I imagine the spreadsheet sitting in Sweden of the combinations of countries, models and variations, packs and individual feature codes is bigger than a double decker bus and has at least 3 dimensions.

Maybe they are short of 360 degree camera supplies and PT are among the unlucky countries?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
narroz

Post by narroz »

Yes i know you´re not the house mother, this is an UK forum :).

If they are short of 360º camaras supplies sorry but this is not a Premium brand....how can they disconsiderer a Market ? and that reason is unlikely Portugal market is not so big that all XC40 future clients will exhaust the stock...the reason must be another...if you can know i appreciate.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

narroz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 am Yes i know you´re not the house mother, this is an UK forum :).

If they are short of 360º camaras supplies sorry but this is not a Premium brand....how can they disconsiderer a Market ? and that reason is unlikely Portugal market is not so big that all XC40 future clients will exhaust the stock...the reason must be another...if you can know i appreciate.
I think you need to email the Volvo mother ship.
narroz

Post by narroz »

Any direct email to that ?
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Normally they target certain features for standalone as they're perceived to sell well in that country.

Ive had it in the past with Honda where something was available in Japan and not the UK even though the UK market wanted it and nothing regulatory was stopping them.

Yes annoying but until they refresh the model odds are it won't change and no one here will be privy to the reasoning behind Volvo's decision.

You'd be better off asking your dealer than on here as your dealer may have a channel back to Volvo to relay the information
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
narroz

Post by narroz »

Yes I have already made an exhibition of Volvo PT to realize the rational of such a decision....
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Every market is different unfortunately. I've been looking at the Portuguese configurator and I was surprised that the R-Design can only come in black with no options for wheels, but you are able to spec an R-Design with full leather which is something we can't do in the UK.
Also, your panoramic roof is MUCH cheaper than it is in the UK.

So I don't think it's just that you're missing out on being able to have a 360º camera, the whole car and specifications have been catered to the Portuguese market. I was very surprised to see that on most of the models you can only have the T3 manual.
We don't have a Base edition or a Tech edition in the UK, our range is much smaller and starts with Momentum.

I've spent some time looking at specifications for the XC40 across countries and every country was completely different offering different starting specifications at different prices with different options available.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red