T3 Momentum tested

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Think I remember a few asking about how the T3 engine performs and I came across this AutoExpress article

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc40 ... 018-review
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

kampylho

Post by kampylho »

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Well that was a terrible review :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately for me, the XC40 is the only new car out there that I actually like other than the Mini Countryman but after having the Countryman as a test drive for nearly a week I just couldn't get used to certain switchgear and the STUPID auto/manual air recirculation which would never stay in manual. I could afford the Mini in full spec with nearly every single option and the auto but I wouldn't be happy with the car itself long term.

The XC40 though, I love the car, the interior, the design and even the way the steering wheel feels. I was a little annoyed that I will lose out on the bin in the centre console though. I couldn't afford the T4 auto over the T3 unless I got rid of a lot of options and the whole point of a car for me is to have it specced the way I like it as I'm fortunate enough to only ever had top of the range cars (older, high mileage ones, but fully specced nonetheless).

I'm driving around in a Fiesta and a Civic since I sold my Focus CC3. The Fiesta is ok but very underpowered when loaded (first gear needed on some hills in Devon). The Civic is amazing with always enough power no matter the gear just a poor driving position and a cramped interior. I'm sure when I pick my XC40 up I'll be in love no matter what a motoring journalist says.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red