Picking up a D3 on Wednesday

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alfa_forza

Post by Alfa_forza »

Hi I'm collecting my d3 xc40 in a couple of days (It's been at the dealers since last Friday) I can't find any reviews on the auto websites or any information on this engine in the forum. Does anybody have one yet? When I collect it I will post my views, for anyone else that has ordered this engine.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Alfa_forza wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm Hi I'm collecting my d3 xc40 in a couple of days (It's been at the dealers since last Friday) I can't find any reviews on the auto websites or any information on this engine in the forum. Does anybody have one yet? When I collect it I will post my views, for anyone else that has ordered this engine.
Congrats. You will be the first to review! Looking forward to your report.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Alfa_forza

Post by Alfa_forza »

Looks like it. I did order early February. I was thinking of lending it to the auto mags for a price!
saq1847

Post by saq1847 »

Having to wait until October to get my hands on my D3 Inscription, what spec have you gone for? Was getting a bit concerned over a previous post saying they were ditching the D3 engine is it AWD or Manual?
Pine Grey Inscription due early Oct
ste12

Post by ste12 »

Alfa_forza wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm Hi I'm collecting my d3 xc40 in a couple of days (It's been at the dealers since last Friday) I can't find any reviews on the auto websites or any information on this engine in the forum. Does anybody have one yet? When I collect it I will post my views, for anyone else that has ordered this engine.
Hi Alfa_forza! I have one as of last Saturday! Yes, think it's a very small number of D3s currently. Loving the car and small post and pics here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=661

Hope you enjoy your car and look forward to welcoming you to the D3 club!
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
Alfa_forza

Post by Alfa_forza »

Hi saq1847 we went for a momentum in the end with quite a few options. Nearly went pro but decided to add the things we wanted individually as a couple of gadgets in the pro spec we weren't to bothered about, which in the end may have speeded up our production. It sounds like me and ste12 probably fell into the first production run of right hand drive d3's.The car is manual front wheel drive so nothing to complex. I really like the inscription and would have gone for this if the choice was all down to me. Reading some T3 momentum reviews I am interested to try the suspension out as the reports have been a little negative. I guess a lot of these testers are used to firmer suspension. I bought the momentum wanting more compliance. Hopefully reviews in the next few weeks.