DELAYED DELIVERY ON VOLVO XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jtmac

Post by jtmac »

I ordered a Volvo R-Design (with all the bells and whistles) from a dealership in May with a delivery date if eom July or August 2018. I could live with that BUT my estimated delivery date has changed three times. Now my delivery date is Nov 23rd. No one can give me a valid explanation besides there's a delay. I specifically sold my 2nd vehicle because I thought Volvo would deliver a product as specified and on time. Now.. we a stuck with only 1 vehicle. God forbid if this vehicle has problems. Does anyone know "why" this delay is happening?

Is anyone else as frustrated as me?

MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MichelR wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm See this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=147
Only 76 pages to wade through!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Since I'm such a nice guy, this is the main post you should read

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=147&start=380#p3491
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

When we ordered ours this week the dealer told us there was a delay because of a shortage of a small number of components from outside suppliers . Apparently they are still building cars but without certain bits which then have to be retro fitted before they can be released from the factory..
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

MichelR wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm See this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=147
Please see this thread. Only recently been spoken about
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

jtmac wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:29 pm I ordered a Volvo R-Design (with all the bells and whistles) from a dealership in May with a delivery date if eom July or August 2018. I could live with that BUT my estimated delivery date has changed three times. Now my delivery date is Nov 23rd. No one can give me a valid explanation besides there's a delay. I specifically sold my 2nd vehicle because I thought Volvo would deliver a product as specified and on time. Now.. we a stuck with only 1 vehicle. God forbid if this vehicle has problems. Does anyone know "why" this delay is happening?

Is anyone else as frustrated as me?
That's not that bad! I ordered in April and my date is in December.
There are delays of certain parts particularly for the R-Design, if you ordered a Momentum or Inscription the wait wouldn't have been as long.
Unfortunately I believe it's because not only the number of orders but because the cars are so well specced. Audi/VW cars aren't as well specced so they won't have as long to wait as there are less parts outside suppliers have to provide. At the moment I know Volvo have an issue with the heated windscreen and that's why they added a different winter pack so there's now two, one with a heated windscreen and one with a heated steering wheel.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red