Rain Sensing Wipers - Something Wrong?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I find that unless I have the setting on high which is too frequent/rapid, the rain sensing wipers are barely functional. Anything less than the highest setting and they don't wipe nearly enough and then the highest setting is too fast. It's almost like the intervals are all screwed up.

Does anyone know where the sensors are for the wipers? I'm wondering if me putting my toll transponder right next to the black boxed area on the windshield is perhaps covering up a sensor or something.

Thanks

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Ive noticed exactly the same thing, they either dont seem to work or run almost non stop, another on my list for my 3 month check up. To be honest I assumed they were not rain sensing at all and just on an adjustable intermittent setting !!!
T5 First edition Crystal White
Jsuter

Post by Jsuter »

Works fine on mine, so you must have an issue on yours
Hope dealer can fix it for u
T4 Inscription - Pine Grey - Blond Interieur - All packs - 18‘ rim - 4c Suspension - Ordered end of March delivered 24.5.18
Deleted User 1286

Michaelxc40 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pmanother on my list for my 3 month check up. To be honest I assumed they were not rain sensing at all and just on an adjustable intermittent setting !!!
What other items do you have on your 3 month checkup list?
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

So far not much on my list, software update, plus check on intermittent issue when driving slowly a couple of times select auto parking mode screen has popped up as if it’s ready to look for a parking space, other thing is not a smooth start from auto stop / start ( petrol ) compared with the diesel demo I tested originally.
Otherwise I’m pleased to say nothing else, compared with my last 2 new cars I rejected.
T5 First edition Crystal White
Deleted User 1286

Michaelxc40 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:33 am So far not much on my list, software update, plus check on intermittent issue when driving slowly a couple of times select auto parking mode screen has popped up as if it’s ready to look for a parking space, other thing is not a smooth start from auto stop / start ( petrol ) compared with the diesel demo I tested originally.
Otherwise I’m pleased to say nothing else, compared with my last 2 new cars I rejected.
I've experienced the same jumpy start after the auto start/stop resumes. I think that's just the way this vehicle is. Fortunately, new software update allows us to disable it by default for comfort mode.

On my list are the following:
- Rain sensing wipers simply don't work as designed
- Park assist when reversing from a parking start doesn't make any audible sounds when proximity gets close to other cars, this only tends to happen when I come back to my car, start the car, and then reverse out of my spot. The 360 degree camera pops up but it makes no sound when I get close to other vehicles when reversing out
- little compartment on driver side of the center console has come loose. They used Velcro strip but clearly a poor job of it

I think that's it... We shall see if anything else pops up.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

jagstyles wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:38 pm I've experienced the same jumpy start after the auto start/stop resumes. I think that's just the way this vehicle is. Fortunately, new software update allows us to disable it by default for comfort mode.
Maybe not - keep an eye on this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=567#top
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
utvptrca

Post by utvptrca »

Sorry about your woes. Mine work fine and I did not turn the sensitivity up that much. About a 1/3 of the way. A few droplets and off it goes about its business. Not been raining much, so did not test if it speeds up effectively. Guess I can give it a try at the car wash ;)
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

Same problem. The wipers don't react to amount of rain, but act like old style intermittent wipers.

What's with the three month check-up? Is this some kind of Volvo policy? Where is it written?

Thanks.
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Works okish for me - nowhere near as good as my XC60's, and need a bit of fiddling around to get the setting right when the rain starts, but once it's right, it's right.