Rain Sensing Wipers - Something Wrong?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

iknowgungfu wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:20 pm I must admit I am confused with this too. I have the stalk in 0 position. When I press the activate button I don't see a symbol on the driver display?

In settings Rain Sensor Memory is selected. Any ideas?
Is the engine running or ignition on?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Sorry - i thought I had replied back to this before your post. I soon realised that the symbol is "hidden" behind the parking symbol. :)

Cheers
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I’m finding the same. With rain sense activated, they either don’t work at all or go hell for leather. It’s really annoying. It’s one of the things mine’s waiting to go back in for.
This and the poor speed sign recognition is driving me nuts. Whenever I pass a school, the system bongs at me for miles after, showing a 20mph limit, even on dual carriageways.
If I’m honest, I’m pretty certain nothing will improve after it goes in but at least it’s been logged.

This is my first Volvo and was interested in the company’s track record for safety tech. I love the car but I don’t think it’s very good. In fact, it’s pretty poor. I’d say it’s accuracy (speed sign) is about 60%.
My BMW’s systems are far superior and I honestly don’t like to say that.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020