New Spotify Update - Can No Longer Save Songs To Library

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

A new update was just pushed out to our cars yesterday to update the Spotify app. It seems much snappier and quicker to operate but there used to be a + sign when you looked at what song was currently playing allowing you to add that song to your library, that + sign is no longer there. Any ideas on how we might be able to bring it back? I even tried logging out and back in again.

I loved the ability of adding new songs as I played random playlists that were available - I'll miss this feature if they don't bring it back.

NickC

Post by NickC »

Don't hold you breath.Volvo blame Spotify, Spotify blame Volvo. Going to ask dealer to got back to previous version then I'm never updating it. Disgraceful update removes all useful functionality.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
NickC

Post by NickC »

Dealer is not able to revert or reinstall older version of the app. All bulletins and tech sheets have been removed from Volvo engineering systems. Apparently this happens when subject can become a hot topic.

So we are left waiting for Volvo and or Spotify to sort the app. I'm not going to hold my breath though.