Navigation - Top part of screen (clouds - shaded area)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I installed the Eastern Canada maps as I reside in the Toronto area. I've noticed that although I'm able to use full-screen mode for the navigation/maps, the top portion of the map is nothing more than a blue shaded area (looks like a nice sky/clouds shade). Yet, when I look at other pictures of the navigation screen online and some in this message board, there is no such shaded area and you get the full use of the tall LCD display.

What am I missing here? Is there a setting somewhere that ensures the full height our LCD screen is dedicated for map details?

Thanks

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

jagstyles wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:09 pm I installed the Eastern Canada maps as I reside in the Toronto area. I've noticed that although I'm able to use full-screen mode for the navigation/maps, the top portion of the map is nothing more than a blue shaded area (looks like a nice sky/clouds shade). Yet, when I look at other pictures of the navigation screen online and some in this message board, there is no such shaded area and you get the full use of the tall LCD display.

What am I missing here? Is there a setting somewhere that ensures the full height our LCD screen is dedicated for map details?

Thanks

No problem like that here. Maybe you have a fault showing up there? Now you have mentioned you are in Canada I will add to my post replying to you re. software update messages.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Jsuter

Post by Jsuter »

I have same in SWITZERLAND in 3D view. But in 2D view all screen is used
T4 Inscription - Pine Grey - Blond Interieur - All packs - 18‘ rim - 4c Suspension - Ordered end of March delivered 24.5.18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Jsuter wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 pm I have same in SWITZERLAND in 3D view. But in 2D view all screen is used
Ah - yes. In 3D mode (never use it!) it’s blue sky at the top. Artistic mapping design I think! Same actually in part rather than full screen mode.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

Is there a way to make it so that in 2D view you're always going up on the map? I remember trying 2D a while back but it wouldn't allow me to always face north on the map??
Jsuter

Post by Jsuter »

Press on the top right compass
T4 Inscription - Pine Grey - Blond Interieur - All packs - 18‘ rim - 4c Suspension - Ordered end of March delivered 24.5.18