Delay compensation/car lease

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

isleaiw wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:42 pm
q3billy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pm I also don't see why I should be out of pocket because my car has been delayed from September to December.

My dealership told me that they have a finite number of V40s available (so I would have to request one yesterday pretty much) to XC40 customers which would cost £199 a month and do not include insurance, plus they are only allowed to be used for 3 months at a time at this point the lease runs over into a 2 year contract unless you return the car and exchange it for a different one.
This is a huge amount of money, not only will I have to fork out £199 but also pay to transfer my insurance to a V40 and then pay to transfer it again to another V40 and then to my XC40 when I do eventually get it. That's a huge amount of money wasted!

I am without a car shortly and I cannot afford to pay that kind of money.
If I had known about the delays, lack of communication and interest from Volvo and their dealerships I probably would have ordered something else.
While I appreciate your frustrations, your new XC40 will be depreciating at alot more than £199 a month when you get it - so to be mobile for that cost is very attractive. Its a max £25 every three months to change insurance so another £8 per month.

You have a £35k car on order. Its small change in the scheme of things.

If you can get the V40 for £199 a month, I would say that is very fair. If you cant, I would be inclined to walk away, Volvo dont deserve your business. Or look at a very special deal on an XC60 to swap to...
I was just about to type exactly that !! .....£199 a month is very cheap motoring.

It must be so frustrating for people and I know they want to vent that frustration but unfortunately neither the dealer nor Volvo are likely to care.

The car is so worth the wait if people can just hang in there.

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

q3billy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pmI am without a car shortly and I cannot afford to pay that kind of money.
i think the logic was that if your paying for a £35-40k car then one of the following is true

1. You've got it on finance resulting in paying more than £199 a month.
2. You're buying it outright so you've got minimum or 35k-40k in your bank account.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Dove

Post by Dove »

Our order is delayed from the originally Mid July to End of September. Have got a V40 as a loan car for £200 until we get delivery. Volvo insured for 1 week. They have also agreed to loan us a bigger car for a camping trip we have in August. Very happy with this from Volvo !!
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

Yes it was jon wakefield I emailed

I have not signed any contract for the V40 - I have not paid a penny for it as of yet, it arrived at my front door on 15th June, I also was not told anything about being allowed to use it for 3 months.
Yes I had to pay to transfer my insurance for an admin fee but that was the least of my worries for potentially being car less for a further 6 months with a daily motorway commute.
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
be0ne

Post by be0ne »

Order slightly delayed again (3 weeks this time), the car is supposed to arrive right after our vacations :|
The dealer is landing me a car (I don't know which yet) at no cost for our 2 weeks trip :D
This is really appreciated as our current car is pretty small and we have a newborn. I'm in France btw.
XC40 T3 R-Design (+packs & options) ordered in March - delivered August.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

pp67 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 pm
q3billy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pm I also don't see why I should be out of pocket because my car has been delayed from September to December.

My dealership told me that they have a finite number of V40s available (so I would have to request one yesterday pretty much) to XC40 customers which would cost £199 a month and do not include insurance, plus they are only allowed to be used for 3 months at a time at this point the lease runs over into a 2 year contract unless you return the car and exchange it for a different one.
This is a huge amount of money, not only will I have to fork out £199 but also pay to transfer my insurance to a V40 and then pay to transfer it again to another V40 and then to my XC40 when I do eventually get it. That's a huge amount of money wasted!

I am without a car shortly and I cannot afford to pay that kind of money.
If I had known about the delays, lack of communication and interest from Volvo and their dealerships I probably would have ordered something else.
While I appreciate your frustrations, your new XC40 will be depreciating at alot more than £199 a month when you get it - so to be mobile for that cost is very attractive. Its a max £25 every three months to change insurance so another £8 per month.

If you can get the V40 for £199 a month, I would say that is very fair. If you cant, I would be inclined to walk away, Volvo dont deserve your business. Or look at a very special deal on an XC60 to swap to...
I was just about to type exactly that !! .....£199 a month is very cheap motoring.

It must be so frustrating for people and I know they want to vent that frustration but unfortunately neither the dealer nor Volvo are likely to care.

Not sure where you're getting your insurance figures but it's £25 minimum just for the administration fees, I am also under 25 so there are additional costs. This is very hard earned money going on this car and I don't have contingency for hire cars and then the finance on my own car.

Yes, my XC40 car will depreciate more than that but I don't care about depreciation when I'll be keeping the car at the end of the finance.
I have been told that if I want a V40 I have to go for one now even though I won't need one until September, so yes that is wasted money because it would be three months of me paying for a car that I don't actually need yet because they couldn't guarantee there will be a car available even with 3 months notice.
isleaiw wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:42 pm Volvo dont deserve your business.
Not sure what the need is for that attitude?
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

q3billy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:55 pm
pp67 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Not sure where you're getting your insurance figures but it's £25 minimum just for the administration fees, I am also under 25 so there are additional costs. This is very hard earned money going on this car and I don't have contingency for hire cars and then the finance on my own car.

Yes, my XC40 car will depreciate more than that but I don't care about depreciation when I'll be keeping the car at the end of the finance.
I have been told that if I want a V40 I have to go for one now even though I won't need one until September, so yes that is wasted money because it would be three months of me paying for a car that I don't actually need yet because they couldn't guarantee there will be a car available even with 3 months notice.
isleaiw wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:42 pm Volvo dont deserve your business.
Not sure what the need is for that attitude?
£25 admin over 3 month period is about £8 per month. Any costs above that would suggest that you are saying the V40 will be more to insure than the XC40? If its more than your current car that doesnt count as you would have had the XC40 had it been on time...

You wont be paying hire car and finance on your own car, you will be paying hire car instead of. Still dont understand why you reckon it is so expensive - how much is the monthly on the XC40?

Your XC40 was due now but you dont need a car for 3 months so you just want the fill in car on the dates that suit you? Try enterprise, they do flexible hire and it might work out cheaper...

I said Volvo dont deserve your business if they have delayed delivery and wont help - you can always buy a car from somewhere else if they dont think they have a responsibility. I was actually taking your side....

On another note and being a dad and an accountant, do you think you should be splashing out on a £35k new car if your margin for additional costs is so limited? what if you get a couple of punctures and a bit of a car park ding in first few months and need to find £700 for tyres and repairs...?
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

isleaiw wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:30 pm £25 admin over 3 month period is about £8 per month. Any costs above that would suggest that you are saying the V40 will be more to insure than the XC40? If its more than your current car that doesnt count as you would have had the XC40 had it been on time...

You wont be paying hire car and finance on your own car, you will be paying hire car instead of. Still dont understand why you reckon it is so expensive - how much is the monthly on the XC40?

Your XC40 was due now but you dont need a car for 3 months so you just want the fill in car on the dates that suit you? Try enterprise, they do flexible hire and it might work out cheaper...

I said Volvo dont deserve your business if they have delayed delivery and wont help - you can always buy a car from somewhere else if they dont think they have a responsibility. I was actually taking your side....

On another note and being a dad and an accountant, do you think you should be splashing out on a £35k new car if your margin for additional costs is so limited? what if you get a couple of punctures and a bit of a car park ding in first few months and need to find £700 for tyres and repairs...?
I get you now.. Came across as though you were saying I didn't deserve the Volvo :lol:
My monthly on the XC40 is £240

No, of course I have money enough for tyres etc but I didn't have the money to pay for a car I didn't need at the time.

I had a nice phone call with the GM of the dealership I've gone through today after I sent near enough the same thing I put on here to customer services. He told me that the information I was given was wrong that I didn't need to accept a V40 here and now like I was told, I could put my name down and even if they didn't have anything they'd give me a demo they're running and I wouldn't pay a penny more than £199 for it. I don't mind that of course.

My delivery date has also been brought forward today and it's now showing delivery for mid Nov which is great news.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

What term/deposit did you put down to achieve £240pm?
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Also interested. For transparency - £5k down. £500 deposit contribution. 4 year PCP £402. Car I got below
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18