One owners view...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

pjm007 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:16 pm
pjm007 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm
I'm guessing that's what Andy meant - I certainly see it then. They are fatter because the system is putting coloured lines on one or both sides of the same section of road at times to indicate queues - yellow, red etc. to show severity. So the map road width expands! I personally don't like the method, and much preferred my old Merc satnav (Comand) which showed little yellow and red cars to indicate queues.
Just found out how to make the fat roads thinner! There is an option in the Navigation/Traffic settings to “Show Free Flowing Traffic”. This setting links with the driver profiles, and is on by default each time you start the car unless you switch it off and save in a profile. This feature causes the thick green lines!
Nice work Sherlock
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Boomer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm
I'm guessing that's what Andy meant - I certainly see it then. They are fatter because the system is putting coloured lines on one or both sides of the same section of road at times to indicate queues - yellow, red etc. to show severity. So the map road width expands! I personally don't like the method, and much preferred my old Merc satnav (Comand) which showed little yellow and red cars to indicate queues.
Just found out how to make the fat roads thinner! There is an option in the Navigation/Traffic settings to “Show Free Flowing Traffic”. This setting links with the driver profiles, and is on by default each time you start the car unless you switch it off and save in a profile. This feature causes the thick green lines!
Nice work Mr Holmes.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Boomer wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm
Nice work Mr Holmes.

It wasn’t elementary Watson, it was in this case fortuitous!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Just found out how to make the fat roads thinner! Not sure if anyone else has but haven’t seen a post on it. There is an option in the Navigation/Traffic settings to “Show Free Flowing Traffic”. This setting links with the driver profiles, and is on by default each time you start the car unless you switch it off and save in a profile. This feature causes the thick green lines!
That explains why I haven't experienced the fat roads problem - the setting defaults to 'off' on my car, must have a different version of software.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

balmoral wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 pm
That explains why I haven't experienced the fat roads problem - the setting defaults to 'off' on my car, must have a different version of software.
Prob not different software version but you may have had it set to off when saving your driver profile for the first time.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o