Polestar

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

For those wondering what the upgrade actually gives you, I emailed Polestar and amongst many things they gave me the following link, certainly a bit more than I thought, however would've been nice to up the power a tad too for the T5, not complaining re the extra torque in the mid range though :-)

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/upgr ... imisation/
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D

allroad

Post by allroad »

How do I get the code to order this ?
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

allroad wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm How do I get the code to order this ?
Wouldn't have thought you'd need a code, just speak to your dealer and they should be able to sort you out
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
allroad

Post by allroad »

Yes spoke tpo dealer she said need to log into my volvo and click on offers! dont see anything about it
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

allroad wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm Yes spoke tpo dealer she said need to log into my volvo and click on offers! dont see anything about it
Hi, I just spoke to the service guy who is arranging everything. Pretty sure they need the car for about an hour so I can wait if needs be. No code needed by me although the code for the product is on the bottom of the main page from the following link, this being for the T5 variant;

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/prod ... matic-2018
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Enquired with my Dealer at the weekend about a Polestar upgrade for my XC40 FE D4 order due in October.
The Dealer responded stating he was unable to find a Polestar upgrade for my model at the present time. Though he would make further enquiries to Volvo to find out when it would be available for the XC40.
In reply I informed him that I understood it was presently available for the XC40 and on special offer, requesting information as to when the special offer may end.
I have had no further response from my Dealer to my Polestar enquiry.
There are times when I wonder if I have placed an order for a phantom car or Volvo and their Dealerships are just too complacent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | 20" Wheels | Ordered 14th March | Est Delivery 31st May |2nd Revised Delivery 9th October |
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Julian B wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm Enquired with my Dealer at the weekend about a Polestar upgrade for my XC40 FE D4 order due in October.
The Dealer responded stating he was unable to find a Polestar upgrade for my model at the present time. Though he would make further enquiries to Volvo to find out when it would be available for the XC40.
In reply I informed him that I understood it was presently available for the XC40 and on special offer, requesting information as to when the special offer may end.
There are times when I wonder if I have placed an order for a phantom car or Volvo and their Dealerships are just too complacent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | 20" Wheels | Ordered 14th March | Est Delivery 31st May |2nd Revised Delivery 9th October |
It’s mainly the fact that there is such a wide variation in competence generally between dealers, and an even wider (chasm like!) range of competence, level of wakefulness, nous etc., between individual salesmen.

Just point your dealer at this link:-

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/prod ... tic-2019-1
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

pjm007 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pm
Telboy wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm
So, do you now sport an extra little sticker on the back of your car? :D
Well not quite yet :( Apparently it comes in the post later with a pack of stuff including a certificate. It is I think in fact another stick on badge (DIY this time) the same shape and size as those for, in my case, R-Design and AWD.
Pack arrived via UPS today. Pic attached. Never mind the minor software upgrade. This is what you are paying for - a box, a brochure, a badge, a fitting guide, instructions and a wet wipe. No certificate in this pack - maybe a separate letter? It occurs to me that, given the pack was delivered in 12 days, I still have two days to cancel the upgrade but I could then still have the badge stuck on the back!

0469BB1D-A760-49D4-B9A8-82C4557D917C.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

pjm007 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:53 pm
Julian B wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm Enquired with my Dealer at the weekend about a Polestar upgrade for my XC40 FE D4 order due in October.
It’s mainly the fact that there is such a wide variation in competence generally between dealers, and an even wider (chasm like!) range of competence, level of wakefulness, nous etc., between individual salesmen.

Just point your dealer at this link:-

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/prod ... tic-2019-1
Once again many thanks pjm007 I am most grateful for your knowledge.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Julian B wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:23 pm
Once again many thanks pjm007 I am most grateful for your knowledge.
You are very welcome. It’s well worth swapping info between each other on this board so we can all stay one step ahead.