Polestar

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

My new XC40 First Edition D4 received Polestar Optimisation prior to collection on the 9th October.
I am awaiting confirmation from the Volvo Dealership as to whether it was the updated AWD version.
Other than the cars general invoice, I have no documentation from Volvo to prove the car has received Polestar Optimisation. (updated version or not)
There is no mention in the cars Service Handbook of Polestar Optimisation.
All I received was a flat box in the glove compartment of the car with Polestar on the front, inside was a small Polestar Brochure referring to the Volvo S60 and V60, no mention of the XC40.
As any Forum Member received any car documentation confirming Polestar Optimisation or confirmation they have received the AWD upgraded version ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XC40 | First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | 20" Wheels | Crystal White | Charcoal |Polestar |
Ordered 14th March | Collected 9th October.

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

If you register on the Polestar website they will then send you a certificate.

https://engineered.polestar.com/intl/up ... r-product/

I believe that the AWD optimisation has been part of the XC40 software since the software launch in July.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Mines booked in next Tuesday to have this done. Will be nice to tell the difference since I've driven it for a week before getting it done
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Many thanks pp67 for the Polestar Optimisation registration information.
The Volvo Dealership made no mention of registering Polestar.
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Took delivery of my new T5 FE on Friday with P* already installed; registered; badge applied.
It may have been because the dealer had my car for a couple of days post install.
Nothing at all for me to do; just pay for it :D
Happy Days
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Anyone else had some time with the standard car before the polestar upgrade?

Just had mine done and I could sware the suspension was stiffer now than before but don't remember anything about the suspension being stiffer in the literature
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Gre

Post by Gre »

Shaenei wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:06 pm Anyone else had some time with the standard car before the polestar upgrade?

Just had mine done and I could sware the suspension was stiffer now than before but don't remember anything about the suspension being stiffer in the literature
I’m having mine booked for next week. Hopefully I could negotiate the price a bit. 1,200 euros is a lot of money. I’m going to keep in mind the suspension before and after.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
NeuroMancer13

Post by NeuroMancer13 »

pjm007 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Shaenei wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm I'd be more interested to know if it helps or solves the gear selector issue when at lower speeds that's been reported by the media. Didn't see it on my test drive but mainly drove on 60+ roads.
Haven’t noticed any gear selector issues myself. Suspect picky media types with nothing bad to write about. Will see if I can detect anything different though.
Why did you sell your xc40, if I may ask?
T5/Inscription/21''/DenimBlue-Amber/FullPack/Polestared
Gre

Post by Gre »

Shaenei wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:06 pm Anyone else had some time with the standard car before the polestar upgrade?

Polestar optimization installed today. 30 mins job without an appointment as I was advised today would be the last day for a price discount. Drives great especially the gear changes. I wish the optimization affects the comfort mode and not only in dynamic mode. The reason is my MPG is horrible I’m averaging 10.5L. Regarding suspension I do not feel any difference.
Would it be possible to find anywhere within the center screen system that the car had polestar optimization or the only thing that we will get is the polestar tag?
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

NeuroMancer13 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:33 pm
pjm007 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Shaenei wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm I'd be more interested to know if it helps or solves the gear selector issue when at lower speeds that's been reported by the media. Didn't see it on my test drive but mainly drove on 60+ roads.
Haven’t noticed any gear selector issues myself. Suspect picky media types with nothing bad to write about. Will see if I can detect anything different though.
Why did you sell your xc40, if I may ask?
Sorry for the delay - I haven’t logged in to this board for many weeks. As I think I explained somewhere in another post, I had an offer from the dealer to buy it back for everything I had paid to date plus a nice extra (real) profit on top. As I also no longer needed this type & size of car, it was a no brainer. 6 months free motoring plus extra £Ks in the pocket!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o