Polestar

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Thanks for update Telboy;
I'm guessing from your 33.8mpg you generally drive in an Eco mode.
If you floor it in an Eco mode does it kick down and accelerate similar to the dynamic mode.
I haven't got my XC40 yet (Now mid Oct), so I'm not familiar with the XC40 yet
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*

Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Chris-croft wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:39 pm Thanks for update Telboy;
I'm guessing from your 33.8mpg you generally drive in an Eco mode.
If you floor it in an Eco mode does it kick down and accelerate similar to the dynamic mode.
I haven't got my XC40 yet (Now mid Oct), so I'm not familiar with the XC40 yet
Luckily I use mine for work so do a good spread of differing routes, including a fair bit on dual carriageways and motorways so 33.8 is very achievable and mostly done in comfort mode to fair.

I haven't tried eco mode in kick down yet so will report back, however I would suspect it will still be 'eco slow', hence the switch to dynamic being so easy when needed :D
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Pdawlall

Post by Pdawlall »

Here are stats I got from dealer for the D4 Polestar upgrade. Not sure if it will make a significant difference. What do u guys think?

4F74A8B1-1050-4563-90C2-326D2D1A368B.png

flamaro

Post by flamaro »

Hi All,

I contacted Polestar directly and received information that Polestar optimisation for T4 engines will be available within few weeks.

Original message:
"T4 B4204T31 (AK) will be released in a few weeks if everything goes according to plan. "

However one thing to consider is that engine code for XC40 T4/T4 AWD is B4204T47 not B4204T3 as they replied. Hopefully it is only a mistake and the optimisation for B4204T3 is right around the corner.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

A question for anyone who has driven an XC40 D4 AWD before and after being Polestarred.
Do you feel you got value for money from the upgrade? ( I think it’s still around £700 direct from Polestar )

I’m due to get my car in 2wks time and I’m debating whether to go for the upgrade so that it can be installed before I collect the car...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

I test drove my XC40 D4 AWS back in March and I collect it tomorrow with the Polestar added already. I honestly don't think I will be able to tell the difference after all this time, I just wanted the best performance I could get and the upgrade price over the summer didn't seem too bad so I went for it. If I do get behind the wheel and am pleasantly surprised I'll report back here. The XC40 a bit bigger and slower then my current car so it will be an interesting transition.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

So having collected the car I mentioned in the above post I actually can confidently say that both myself and partner think the car feels quicker than we remembered and gear change seems sharper. Ride overall still very quiet and refined but under a heavier foot there is some real power there.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

So I just had a chat with my dealer about purchasing polestar, he told me to wait till the updated version is released on November 1st (UK). This is apparently the version that will be slightly better at sending more power to the rear wheels ect.. I had thought that version was already being installed but maybe not..?
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Mr Parkinson you appear to have a good Volvo Dealer who actually communicates.
I had my First Edition XC40 Polestarred by the Volvo Dealership last week, prior to collecting the new car.
There was no mention of a new Polestar upgrade on the 1st November !
Polestar is a relevantly new product for the XC40 Model, why would Volvo be upgrading it within months of introduction ?
Should an upgrade become available in such a short period, would existing purchasers qualify for the upgrade ?
As I understand it, Polestar is basically a computer chip, fitted to the car with little work involved.
Therefore I would be disappointed not to receive an upgrade, should one became available, just weeks after my purchase.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XC40 | First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | 20' Wheels | Polestar |Crystal White | Charcoal |
Ordered 14th March | Collected 9th October |
Bob

Post by Bob »

MrParkson wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 pm So I just had a chat with my dealer about purchasing polestar, he told me to wait till the updated version is released on November 1st (UK). This is apparently the version that will be slightly better at sending more power to the rear wheels ect.. I had thought that version was already being installed but maybe not..?
I popped into my dealer today to collect some mats and asked if there was an upgrade coming up. He got in touch with Volvo HO and came back with the answer that there is an upgrade coming out, but it is mainly for the T8.

Shaenei - He was sorting out your paperwork ;)

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)