Headlight washers

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Don't know about the Volvo but with my Yeti they wash after a certain number of activations of the wash/wipe and at speed you certainly know they are working!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Blue Velvet wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 am I have a xc40 Momentum Pro D3 Auto, which was sold as having that feature: headlight washer.
How do you know it works when you are behind the wheels?
Has anyone seen it function at all? If so, how do you get it started?
Thanks.
Do you have the cut-outs in the bumper? If so, you should have them. You'll notice it most when in traffic, and you can see your lights reflected on the car in front, you'll see the light pattern change as the washers work.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

hdasmith wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Blue Velvet wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 am I have a xc40 Momentum Pro D3 Auto, which was sold as having that feature: headlight washer.
How do you know it works when you are behind the wheels?
Has anyone seen it function at all? If so, how do you get it started?
Thanks.
Do you have the cut-outs in the bumper? If so, you should have them. You'll notice it most when in traffic, and you can see your lights reflected on the car in front, you'll see the light pattern change as the washers work.
Hdasmith,

Yes, I have the cut out, tried pushing to see if it will pop out, but didn’t. Asked daughter to check whilst using the windshield wipers to see if works, it did just nothing.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

As Chris says above, they don't work on every windscreen wash (you'd soon have an empty bottle if they did) - it's something like every 5th wash.

This time of year is probably not the best time to see them. In my previous car, the spray bounced above the bonnet line & was very obvious on a winter's evening.

P.S: They don't pop out if you push them but, if you put a fingernail behind them, you can pull them out - ask any OCD Detailer 🤣
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

They also only work when the lights are on at least dipped beam. They won’t work with just DLR on.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Silver Moose wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm As Chris says above, they don't work on every windscreen wash (you'd soon have an empty bottle if they did) - it's something like every 5th wash.

This time of year is probably not the best time to see them. In my previous car, the spray bounced above the bonnet line & was very obvious on a winter's evening.

P.S: They don't pop out if you push them but, if you put a fingernail behind them, you can pull them out - ask any OCD Detailer 🤣
Thank you for letting me know this.
As with every new “toy” purchased, you want to know expressly, “how things work” “if they worked or not” and being safe when using them whilst out and about.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)