Profiles

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
varavital

Post by varavital »

jagstyles wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:43 pm I did not lock the driver profile settings so the last time I set the memory seats, it should have saved my settings.
Once everything is set, you really have to lock your profile. If you change something afterwards and want to keep the change, go to profile and indicate you want to save the changes in the locked profile. If you don't lock you profile, things go like you descibe it. Had the same problem with mine when I first had it.
The road is more important than the destination.

Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I'm sorry but the profiles and locking it to a key is completely messed up. My profile is locked and saved to my key.

When my daughter uses my key to drive, she temporarily changes the seating position, when I go back to use my car, I do a recall memory 1 using the memory buttons on the door which is what is saved/locked to my key. After I leave my car, lock it and come back, it resorts back to what my daughter set the seats to which makes no sense at all since she doesn't save it to memory.

The whole logic of the memory seats is completely messed up.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

jagstyles wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:30 am I'm sorry but the profiles and locking it to a key is completely messed up. My profile is locked and saved to my key.

When my daughter uses my key to drive, she temporarily changes the seating position, when I go back to use my car, I do a recall memory 1 using the memory buttons on the door which is what is saved/locked to my key. After I leave my car, lock it and come back, it resorts back to what my daughter set the seats to which makes no sense at all since she doesn't save it to memory.

The whole logic of the memory seats is completely messed up.
Jagstyles - isn't the problem that you are letting your daughter use your key with your profiles locked to that key.
As I understand it if any of the profile saved setting are changed whilst using the key they will be saved to that profile and so when the key is used again it will access those new saved profile settings.

The profile and memory settings (I think) though are separate saved files and one doesn't update the other when used. So simply you jumping in and using memory settings won't update your driver profile which is linked to your key - and so won't override the settings your daughter likely made manually. simples?!

Perhaps answer is to give your daughter one of the other keys.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

These memory seats have a mind of their own. My wife has her seats stored in memory 2 and linked to her profile and key.

I have my own key and use memory 1 button and it's also linked to my key.

When my wife uses her own key to drive my car, whenever I go to use my car with my key, the seats don't move back to my stored settings. It's absolutely annoying. So I get in my car, hit the memory 1 recall and the seats go to my desired setting, I get out of the car, lock it with my key, when I go back to my car and unlock with my key, it again wants to revert back to how my wife had it set even though she's not using my key and has her own.

It's beyond frustrating.
WilliamTM

Post by WilliamTM »

Slightly off topic but related to profiles - save me from starting a new thread, if you only have two keys but have three drivers, can you have more than two profiles? Or would you need a third key to make a third profile?
XC40 Momentum Pro · T3 Manual
614 Ice White · 18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels · R300 Charcoal · Xenium Pack · Intellisafe Surround Pack · Power Operated Tailgate · Power Passenger Seat · Smartphone Integration · Towbar
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

We’ve got the same setup as ‘jagstyles’ and have struggled with the same problems since we took delivery of the car at the begining of October. However, today i protected each profile by ticking the ‘Protect Profile’ box under ‘Edit Profile’ and the drivers seat now seems to position correctly according to the key being used. However, despite the ‘Connect Profile to Key’ box being ticked for both profiles, the display only shows my profile as being ‘Paired to a key’, my wife’s profile doesn’t show it as being paired to her key! Anybody have any idea why this is?
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,
senwar

Post by senwar »

No idea what has happened but my seat/key settings have completely changed.

Anyone had this happen before?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels