Profiles

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
dmecham

Post by dmecham »

Hi

New to the forum, had my XC40 FE for a month now and loving it :)

I have created a profile for myself and saved to the key which works fine. I get my settings on my key and wife gets hers on her key :)

I thought and correct if im wrong, when opening with my after the wife has used the car shouldn't the seat also automatically move my position set ? I read the profile saves the seat position etc etc. but when I get in and I still have to push and hold the button to move to my setting ? be handy if it did work on the profile

Anyone else have this or figured it out ?

Cheers

Dave

NemosMum

Post by NemosMum »

Hi Dave, we had a similar problem. I think it was solved by committing the seat settings to one of the memory positions as part of the profile. Hope this helps.
XC40 First Edition T5 - Bursting Blue/Charcoal 20"
dmecham

Post by dmecham »

Thanks, Ill give that a go as soon as the car gets home :)
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Just another check for you. Have you "locked" your profile in settings once you have got it how you want it?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
dmecham

Post by dmecham »

Hi Boomer

Yes I have locked to the key, I need to do have go tonight, I was going to untick lock to key, change the seat setting and save to memory, then change a couple of more settings then relock to key and see how that works :)

Fantastic car, so impressed with it :)

Cheers

Dave
dmecham

Post by dmecham »

Thanks guys, worked perfect :) I moved the seat during profile edit and locked to the key and works fine :) lazy I know but if the car does it, you have to have it :)

Happy motoring

Dave
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Pleased you got there in the end. :D
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

So I'm having this same issue and tried setting the memory seats again using #1 on the memory seat buttons, turned ignition off, locked the car. Wife then gets into the car using her key, she changes the seats to what she wants and saves it to #2 on the memory seat buttons, turns car off, locks the car.

Next time I get it, it still keeps the seats at her position even though the driver profile is showing me as the driver. I did not lock the driver profile settings so the last time I set the memory seats, it should have saved my settings.

Can someone provide specific steps on how they resolved this?

Thanks
dmecham

Post by dmecham »

Hi

Mine has stopped working, was ok for a few days with the help of the guys above :( I have the car in Friday 28th for a 2 month Inspection so will have this to ask :) I'll report back unless you find a perm fix :)

D
senwar

Post by senwar »

Any further news on this?

I've never had driver profiles auto set my seats - I always have to select Memory button 1
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels