T3 - Petrol Test Drive

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mikeisbell

Post by mikeisbell »

Hi.

Has anyone found a T3 to test drive?
I live in the Essex/North London area and have a T3 on order and a deal in place which is 'subject to test drive'. However. the 3 dealers closest to me have not placed a T3 on order for demo due to customer demands for their new deliveries.

It appears that I would be test driving my own vehicle in October at this rate which might put me in a difficult position!

Please let me know if you find one!

Post by 01142007 »

I have driven one on Saturday, T3 momentum. For me the drive and pull was fine, very similar to me v40 D3 cross country, all be it not as nippy and quick but good enough for what i need.
brunel01

Post by brunel01 »

I know it won't help you but might others. Eastbourne have a 1.5 in the new blue/green colour.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

brunel01 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm I know it won't help you but might others. Eastbourne have a 1.5 in the new blue/green colour.
I saw that there too, they tried selling it to me. I've got a high spec R-Design Pro on order there's no way I'll change to a basic Momentum spec in a horrible colour :lol: :lol:
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
jankyj

Post by jankyj »

I drove the Petrol T3 Manual transmission a week ago at my dealer in The Hague, Netherlands. I found it plenty responsive.

I'm Canadian, and it was surprising to me coming from north american vehicles where manufacturers don't seem to even bother trying to market these smaller HP engines.

Overall, I found it nippy and fun to drive. I thought I wouldn't like the 3 cylinder engine at all, but it drove like a 4 cylinder. Also the manual gearbox was notchy, easy to find a gear, one of the better standard transmissions I've tried.

I'd be curious to try the D3 manual to see if the engine is annoyingly raucous or not. Hope this helps!
Kevey

Post by Kevey »

Purchased my T3 a week ago everything is good so far
gp2018

Post by gp2018 »

Kevey wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 pm Purchased my T3 a week ago everything is good so far
How is the fuel consumption so far?
Kevey

Post by Kevey »

Mid 40s on a run,city driving 36
gp2018

Post by gp2018 »

Thanks Kevey. Your numbers look promising to me, especially the city driving consumption.

Has anyone seen/read any XC40 T3 reviews so far? I have ordered one (Momentum T3) and I struggle to find anything on the internet for the new T3 engine.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone has any personal experience to share.
DJ01

Post by DJ01 »

Hi gp2018,

I picked up my T3 Momentum a couple of days ago and have only managed to do less than 100 miles due to work commitments.Here's my initial thoughts (previous car was 1.4 vw polo)

- mpg initially was reading around 21mpg but has since risen to nearer 30 and is increasing each time I take the car out so am assuming this is due to it being brand new and will improve over time
- engine is very quiet and the ride very pleasant
- steering is very light in comfort mode and will need to check dynamic mode to see if I prefer that set up
- haven't wanted to work the engine too hard but did have to overtake HGV earlier today and was pleasantly surprised with pick up in 3rd gear for a petrol (certainly think it will be fast enough for most situations)
- finding it a little difficult to get an entirely comfortable seating position but again, will need to spend more time optimising the set up
- stop/start pull off feels a little clunky compared to my wife's Golf
- Standard sound from Sensus entertainment system very good and voice recognition working better than I expected.

Overall I am extremely happy with the car and can only assume it will be even better once I've set it up entirely to my liking.

Hope this was of some help