T3 - Petrol Test Drive

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gp2018

Post by gp2018 »

Thanks a lot for your input DJ01. Please keep us posted with your findings, especially the engine related ones, since there is nothing on the internet so far..

mikeisbell

Post by mikeisbell »

Finally....

I get to test drive Saturday morning at my dealers...
I'll be looking at how the engine/gearbox performs as experienced everything else when I test drove the FE a couple of months ago...
Anything else to look out for?
Let me know.
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

mikeisbell wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 pm Finally....

I get to test drive Saturday morning at my dealers...
I'll be looking at how the engine/gearbox performs as experienced everything else when I test drove the FE a couple of months ago...
Anything else to look out for?
Let me know.
How did the test drive go, quite interested to see what you thought... I've only test driven a FE D4.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
mikeisbell

Post by mikeisbell »

I fully agree with the 'What Car Review' .. Was not aware of this until today (Mon 25/6) but I noticed the whoosh/whistle when it hit around 3000 revs and thought it might be a poorly fitted turbo pipe but it would seem an issue and, very annoying...

Traffic was heavy so was unable to test on some steep hills I had planned but I did notice wallowing when I took a sharp bend on entering the motorway.. Motorway pull did seem OK but again, with heavy traffic it was hard to determine true performance.

All in all I would say the interior is great but with this engine variant it really does not live up to expectations.
Seriously considering cancelling my order. I will test drive again before I decide but I know I will find the What Car review and my own initial experience hard to ignore.... Disappointed of Essex!
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

This probably won't change your mind either:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/vo ... 018-review

It is the sister mag though but a different reviewer.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
mikeisbell

Post by mikeisbell »

From a 5* to a 3* review makes it a difficult pill to swallow.
Will probably see if I can change the order to the T4.
should have made that choice initially... I can only see further reviews highlighting the same concerns........

Any further thoughts?
dubs

Post by dubs »

Over the years I have found Car Reviewers to be a bit flaky, can’t understand how the XC40 T3 Momentum gets crucified on its Ride went the vast majority of Car Reviewers across the globe proclaim the Momentums and Inscription standard suspension, without adaptive dampers, and ride to be first class whatever engine it has above the T3, the T3 is a 154HP engine with 0 to 62 at 9.4 seconds and cannot match the more powerful engines the Petrol Head Car Reviewers have drove, but it will be absolutely fine for a 72 year old pensioner in Osmium Grey c/w reversing camera.
See reviews below.

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

They write that the interior is "unchanged from other XC40's" when in fact it is slightly different, you lose the bin by the arm rest in the manual because the cup holders were moved to make space for the gear stick.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
McJobs

Post by McJobs »

No trash can in T3 trim? You've got to be kidding me!