Collection Checklist

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Due to pick up my Inscription this Thursday,! I'm pulling together a checklist to go through on collection. I've gleaned a few items from this forum but wondered if anybody who has already taken delivery can make any suggestions based on their experiences.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18

David56

Post by David56 »

Check whether the rubber vanes in the cupholders are in place, mine were missing and I didnt realise for a couple of days.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

You can only fully check the lighting in the dark, and there is no dipstick for the oil level it’s a sensor. It will take you hours to go thorough every function and drive mode. Happy motoring
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Boomer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm I'd look at this thread as well

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=192&p=1065&hilit=collection#p1065
I hadn't seen that thread - very helpful thank you. Thanks for other inputs as well!
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Hi guys. I have 1 coat hook and three headline recesses for attachments (two of which I'm using for the rear seat cargo net divider attachment at the mo as my dog guard is on back order). Am I right thinking there should be either coat hooks or a mixture of coat hooks and blind covers over the other three headline recess areas? I wish now I'd gone over the check list in this thread during handover because it's not the first thing I would think of, thanks.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
PC40

Post by PC40 »

I’ve only got one coat hook, drivers side. Don’t think they put one passenger side as anything hanging would obscure the window vision.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

It's the same in my Inscription as well. I hadn't realised until checking that today that there aren't any grab handles for rear seat passengers, I've always had them in other cars and use them to hang up suit carriers and the like, it doesn't look to me that the weedy coat hook provided would take the weight.
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

make sure you check and double check the tailgate alignment...

see my thread, my dealership now have 4 cars where the tailgate has very different panel gaps from one side to the other.
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Thanks guys so to recap if you only have one coat hook like mine you have 3 remaining headline recess anchor points left open. I guess they are not too prominent but a little surprised the 3 remaining headline anchor points don't have covers.

Teecee, your alignment thread was the first thing I checked on handover and I'm pleased to say all my panel gaps are Ok :)
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.