Volvo UK customer care - USELESS

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

What do they do?

What is the point of them even existing? They don't/can't answer questions or offer any help and just refer you back to the dealer and the dealer doesn't get any answers from the factory or Sweden.
Surely when problems like the extensive delays it is the job of them to get involved and look after Volvo's image and care for their customers.

THEY ARE A F**KING JOKE - VOLVO SORT IT OUT

I ordered an T3 R design end of March and still have no build date. Sweden emailed me saying it would be allocated Mid May and now at the end of May I still have no build date. Anyone else having the trouble that I am having??

Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Are you able to go into your dealer?

Mine had a file, which I didn’t ask to see, but you could ask to see what paperwork they have. GDPR and all that - I know it’s a car but if it’s got your name and address in it, then they have to show it to you now. Might shed some light?
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

It’s massively frustrating, I don’t see any consitisitancy, I’ve read that people who have ordered their cars after me, with the same spec are having earlier build dates.

I’m still deciding if to cancel
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Unfortunately most of this forums in the same position. Some get more info from the dealers than others and nothing from Volvo themselves. Benefits on a forum like this is people share that info so those with dealers who aren't passing much info onto customers still get some type of idea what's happening

Getting angry won't help or solve anything though , you've just got to decide how much you want the car and if it's worth the wait.

Volvo won't care if you cancel as they'll have other people they can pass your build slot on to or sell your car too. Might sound harsh but that's the honest truth.
Last edited by Shaenei on Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Good advice and evaluation of the XC40 situation Shaenei .

I was annoyed when I discovered (not informed) my delivery date had been changed from May to October.

Contacting VCUK Customer Care and getting angry does not change anything.

If you want the car, you have to accept Volvo do have a problem to resolve with the XC40 being in such great demand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered March | Est Delivery May | Confirmed Delivery October