3.5 weeks of my First Edition....

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

OK, so it's not as simple as having the cut-outs = having the washers. I've got the cut outs, but no matter how much windscreen washing I do, the headlight washers do not pop out. I can't (easily - I'm not going to try to force them!) pry them out as I could with my XC60 either. So I don't think I have the washers.... :(

chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

James Blonde wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 am OK, so it's not as simple as having the cut-outs = having the washers. I've got the cut outs, but no matter how much windscreen washing I do, the headlight washers do not pop out. I can't (easily - I'm not going to try to force them!) pry them out as I could with my XC60 either. So I don't think I have the washers.... :(
Usually, your headlights have to be on.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

will try that.... The XC60 wasted water even when the lights were off, so that could be an improvement!
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Yep, you're right! Lights on, it works! Fab, thanks! :D Though £350 would have been nicer.... :D Only the wheels different on mines then.

Comparing the seats with the configurator, looks like I've got the R-Design ones, though not sure what they would have been fitted with if it wasn't those... anyone know?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Not sure about this R-Design seat difference issue. Urban myth? Can anyone explain what the problem seems to be?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Interesting, having had a look at the original price and spec list I had, there was no mention of the 20" wheels - only 19" on FE. So I guess I've got exactly the spec I thought I was getting! Phew! Will give them a ring about the economy and sensor calibration tomorrow though
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

James Blonde wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 am Interesting, having had a look at the original price and spec list I had, there was no mention of the 20" wheels - only 19" on FE. So I guess I've got exactly the spec I thought I was getting! Phew! Will give them a ring about the economy and sensor calibration tomorrow though
There was a no cost option on the FE to upgrade from 19" standard to 20".....
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Yeh, I'm guessing because I was so late to the party, I didn't get a choice...?