Oscar For Best Dealership Award?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Post removed, thread hijacked.
Last edited by User2506 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

The handling of the XC40 situation by VCUK has been an absolute shambles with appalling PR.
Who ever is to blame for the mess, Dealerships have not done enough for XC40 customers regarding regular updates, even if there is no new information and giving the necessary support their clients deserve.
To receive any information customers are having to search and make their own enquiries.
Therefore in my opinion, though Dealerships have been placed in a very difficult position, they deserve no Oscars or Awards for assisting in keeping XC40 customers in the dark.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered March | Estimated Delivery May | Confirmed Delivery October ?
Last edited by Julian B on Thu May 17, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

Julian B wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm The handling of the XC40 situation by VCUK has been an absolute shambles with appalling PR.
Who ever is to blame for the mess, Dealerships have not done enough for XC40 customers regarding regular updates, even if there is no new information and giving the necessary support their clients deserve.
To receive any information customers are having to search and make their own enquiries.
Therefore in my opinion, though Dealerships have been placed in a very difficult position, they deserve no Oscars or Awards for assisting in keeping XC40 customers in the dark.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered March | Delivery October
Hmmm, really don't agree with this at all...

My dealer (Listers in Worcester) were superb, keeping me up to date with weekly phone calls - even if there was no update.

Knowing my position of needing a car quickly, the allowed me to take their ordered demonstrator which arrived last week and swap with my order which will be coming later in the year.

So, up against a backdrop of VCUK being poor, there are a handful of dealers out there that appear to be doing good work against all odds.
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Teeceee you are either one of the lucky few or have great powers of persuasion.
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

I can be quite forthright when need be!
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Julian B wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm The handling of the XC40 situation by VCUK has been an absolute shambles with appalling PR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Crystal White | Charcoal | 20" Wheels | Ordered March | Estimated Delivery May | Confirmed Delivery October ?
I'm with you here, my dealer hasn't said a word since I placed the order.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Posts removed. Thread hijacked.
Last edited by User2506 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
Gordonian

Post by Gordonian »

Good vibes . I also am content with the respect shown by my dealer and sales contact. Arnold Clark Volvo Aberdeen and Liviu Bocancia respectively. We all have unique situations and I am sure delays are having bigger impacts on some versus others but credit where it is due, I trust that Liviu is doing the best he can to expedite. I have complained to VCUK and feel the lions share of failings fall at their door. In the meantime, enjoy the anticipation if you can.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Nominate Holdcroft of Stoke-on-Trent. Steve Bees the Sales Manager and Qashem Miah the GM sorted things out for me when my initial early order was getting shunted back in the production queue, and made sure I got one of the first deliveries in early March.

Jon Latham the Service Manager and all round technical guru is excellent.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
nikonphotobro

Post by nikonphotobro »

Nominate Agnew Belfast (aka SMW Volvo). Julie Linton (Sales) has been absolutely fantastic.

Whilst I appreciate the frustrations being voiced regarding delays... I personally feel that the 'dealership bashing' comments are unfair.

PS - I'm also still in the queue waiting for my new car. However, if it is delayed, it won't be the fault of my dealer.

Let's be happy and look forward to our forthcoming purchases. They'll be worth the wait.

Only xxx more sleeps ☺
XC40 Momentum T4 AWD (Fusion Red) with Intellisafe Pro, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Tinted Windows, Power Tailgate and Android Auto 🚘