Oscar For Best Dealership Award?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Posts removed. Thread hijacked.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 am This is not the place guys for criticism. It's not relevant on this thread , take it elsewhere. WHERE ON EARTH ARE THE MODERATORS ??!!
Hi,
Unfortunately, I don't agree with removing the posts. They are just giving an honest alternative opinion to yours.

Its unfortunate that there aren't more members out there happy with their dealership but when paying this much for a car you expect to receive top service in return. It appears this isn't always happening and needs highlighting.

Thanks
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Rob the thread was called "Oscar for best dealership awards" Whats the point Rob of having threads if people are going to hijack them going off topic to criticise dealers when this can be done on a thread relevant to what people expect to read when they clic on a thread title. My car was obtained because a customer wanted to change their diesel order for a petrol order and was wiling to wait. Likewise I was willing to wait until Sept but changed my order from petrol to diesel and it coincided with someone else wanting to change but that is not relevant to the thread any more than JulianB making veiled threats criticising dealerships with no evidence. Like I say if people want to riase conspiracy theories they should do so on a relevant thread. I don't want to be associated with a thread that has been hijacked and I am legally entitled to ask for the thread to be removed that I created.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I am sorry you disagree but you're not legally entitled to have a thread you create removed. You are legally entitled to have your personal information removed from the forum as per our privacy policy.
User2506

Post by User2506 »

Then in that case Rob please remove all my posts including yours that has pasted my information in this thread.
Last edited by User2506 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

As I say. You are not entitled to have your posts removed. I will however removed your personal information as requested.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The thread really hasn't been hijacked, whilst the thread is titled 'Best Dealership Award' and invites users to comment on good service from their dealer, there is no reason why other posters can't put an alternative view regarding customer service to counter why a dealer may not be the best dealership. If the post is about quality of service, good or bad, or reasons behind why a dealer may give better service than others then, IMHO, it is on topic.
I'm pleased the Site Admin, Rob, is taking the approach he has, I too disagree with the removal of posts. You see this happen all to often on forums, stifling reasoned debate and ruining the forum concerned. IMHO, the only time posts should be removed is if they are abusive or offensive.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
David56

Post by David56 »

User2506 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 am Rob the thread was called "Oscar for best dealership awards" Whats the point Rob of having threads if people are going to hijack them going off topic to criticise dealers when this can be done on a thread relevant to what people expect to read when they clic on a thread title. My car was obtained because a customer wanted to change their diesel order for a petrol order and was wiling to wait. Likewise I was willing to wait until Sept but changed my order from petrol to diesel and it coincided with someone else wanting to change but that is not relevant to the thread any more than JulianB making veiled threats criticising dealerships with no evidence. Like I say if people want to riase conspiracy theories they should do so on a relevant thread. I don't want to be associated with a thread that has been hijacked and I am legally entitled to ask for the thread to be removed that I created.
Please lighten up, in the general scheme of things...so what!!.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold