Opinions needed please guys - my apologies for lengthy post

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

MrParkson wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:06 pm Robbo as much as your solution would be a good fix to the problem, I think we all know everything is not that simple, if the car was rejected we can very safely assume it will not be replaced within the week. Then who's the real loser?

I would let them carry out the work, with a matching xc40 courtesy car or better, throughly inspect the car on completion and obtain some sort of written guarentee that if any problems arise as a result of the works i.e misaligned panels, creeks or rattles then they shall be rectified without question for atleast the length of your ownership.

Instant replacement in this case is a bit of a pipe dream.

Telboy I imagine this is very frustrating, but my thoughts are its worth letting them do what they need to do, I'm sure in the long run it will be worth it. Again anything but perfect is not a fix. Obviously compensation for the troubles aswell.
Cheers MrP and Robbo, I hear you both and agree that whilst it would be nice to have a new replacement, nothing in life is that simple, certainly not where an XC40 is concerned.

I've written to the general manager and service manager and asked they let me know what Volvo agree to as soon as they can and go from there.

Having had experiences in the past with body shop rectification, I'm not sure I'll want to have such a big job done for a small defect on such a new car although who knows what Volvo will say.

Will keep you all posted.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D

robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

They will find you a car quick enough if tell them you are going to press, there is no way I would let a body shop near the car it will be just the
stat of your problems. Let them give you a demo till your new car is delivered to you

It is up to you but letting them take the roof off is crazy most body shops couldn't put a nut in a monkeys mouth.

Robbo