No headlight washers...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
apepat

Post by apepat »

Hi, I have just collected my XC40 D4 FE in BB last week. Great car and was very happy but after going through the functions for the past few days, I only just realised there were no headlight washers... I do have my 20 inch alloys however. I actually didn’t know there was a supply issue with headlight washers and 20 inch alloys until I found this forum...

Frankly I have had a lot of issues with this dealer. I used a broker and ordered the car with the dealer back in end of Dec 17 with an agreed price (£345xx after manufacturer contribution) which included transported delivery. I was told ETA was end of Feb/early March but it was pushed back until now. They couldn’t finalise the finance somehow. They sent me a correct finance documents initially but I asked them to increase the deposit. I heard back nothing for a good few weeks and eventually sending me a completely wrong one TWICE. I kept chasing and they suddenly said they couldn’t honour the deal back in March - I only secured it with the original price after a slightly angry email but then they declined the supposed-to-be-included transported delivery. They have never informed me regarding the shortage and/or changes. In fact I have never received a full list of the options of the order.

I just wonder what I should do. I don’t think I can reject the car as I have already driven 600 miles and frankly it’s not a complete deal breaker but I am not happy as you can guess. I did see someone mentioned about the £350 discount for both washers and alloys but not sure if this is the same for me... What do you guys think?
Last edited by apepat on Sun May 13, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition | Bursting Blue | 20" | No headlight washers | Polestar optimised ;)

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Applying the old adage "if you don't ask, you don't get" then go for it. At each step/outcome it'll be a case of assessing personal effort vs possible benefit?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

If you have an FE as ordered, which should include headlight washers, and no-one has advised you they were not fitted to your actual car, then you have every right to claim something for a missing feature. Think of a number and go for it!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Just bear in mind that the 20 inch alloys are a no cost option on the FE, standard they come with 19's.

Like you say you've got the 20's and by the looks of it, a very healthy discount, plus have taken delivery and done near 600 miles, you'd be hard pushed to get a huge goodwill gesture, however as Boomer has advised, you might get something if you ask??
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
apepat

Post by apepat »

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted the salesperson I was dealing and no reply yet. Most likely I will have to escalate via their complaints process...
Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition | Bursting Blue | 20" | No headlight washers | Polestar optimised ;)
Gdh0120

Post by Gdh0120 »

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have up to 30 days to reject the car if the dealer can not rectify. A supply problem is not an excuse. The dealer will not want a used car on their hands and you have a strong Bargaining position
apepat

Post by apepat »

Well to be honest I probably won’t reject it as I don’t even know if they can place another FE order - extremely unlikely and probably need to wait until ?next year even if it’s possible. I have already bought GAP and insurance etc as well and it will be too much of a hassle. I will probably try to squeeze a compensation. I guess it’s a lesson learnt - should ask for a full build list and will never use this dealer again (they have a royal warrant, guess it doesn’t mean anything sigh).
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I will get in contact with my dealer and see if they will forward the memo they got from VCUK about the 350GBP good will as it was me who reported it on this forum. Will let you know...in the meantime, this was the email I got back in February which may help you:

headlamp.jpg

MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
apepat

Post by apepat »

Thanks chingf0rd, that’s really helpful! I wish my dealer’s communication was as good as yours sigh...
MPS 1

Post by MPS 1 »

Hi, this is probably a silly question but how do you know if the car does have headlight washers or not? Thanks
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18