Discounts from List Price ?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bob

Post by Bob »

I got just over 11.2% with the IAM Affinity discount and the £1,500 deposit contribution by taking 0% interest fee credit.

This easily beat the best CarWow discount at the time, it was about the same discount offered by Drive the Deal, but not as good as U.K. Car Discount who were offering nearly £2,000 more off the FE at that time (Late January/early February).
The latter offer seemed too good to be true
As my next best broker discount was on a par to what I could get with the IAM/deposit contribution option I took that as it meant I could choose my own supplier/dealer.
However, had I gone with a broker I may have had the car by now, or very shortly! :roll:

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I got £4000 off of mine through CarFile.
Carwow had some good offers until beginning of April and then the only discounts were in the hundreds rather than thousands so I went elsewhere.

UK Car Discount had a really good price but I didn't like the idea of them buying the car as a fleet car and me being the second owner nor did I like the idea of paying with a Bankers Draft.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi Q3

I have asked the question of first ownership direct to the owner of UK car discount and was assured I would be the first owner in the V5 also
payment is paid once the car is delivered to my door and checked and I then pay UK Car Discount by Internet Banking and then I receive a receipt
of payment in full. You will notice they don't do any Volvo cars on there website at present seemingly they have used up their allocation from
Volvo and cannot supply any more from then at present. If anyone has any information that this is not the case about payment and first ownership I would be glad to hear it. :)
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

robbo wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:19 am Hi Q3

I have asked the question of first ownership direct to the owner of UK car discount and was assured I would be the first owner in the V5 also
payment is paid once the car is delivered to my door and checked and I then pay UK Car Discount by Internet Banking and then I receive a receipt
of payment in full. You will notice they don't do any Volvo cars on there website at present seemingly they have used up their allocation from
Volvo and cannot supply any more from then at present. If anyone has any information that this is not the case about payment and first ownership I would be glad to hear it. :)
I’ve bought two cars in the past from UK car discount. In both cases I’ve technically been the second owner for registration purposes only. It has not affected the price of the cars,warranty or anything else. They have been fantastic to deal with and give incredibly generous offers. Sadly, I missed the XC40 deal by two weeks but still got £4K off via the dealership.