Real Time Traffic Information

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
FreshStart

Post by FreshStart »

I have the TomTom Go app on my phone and have used that in my previous car for a couple of years. Since buying the XC40 mid 2019 I haven't used my phone app.
It reroutes well enough for my purposes, suggesting an overland route if my usual motorway route is impeded.

gt40

Post by gt40 »

jamie307 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:30 pm How well do people find this works? Is the SatNav good at routing you on the quickest route avoiding delays? For delays that appear en-route, for example a crash ahead on the motorway, can it quickly realise and suggest alternative routes?
First couple of times (in France & UK) we checked it against Google Maps, which is usually quite good at rerouting, and found that they agreed - so now we trust it to do the right thing. And trust is the main thing; you'll never really know if the rerouting works out for you every time, but you'll feel better.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
aj05

Post by aj05 »

The rerouting appears work well. During the recent flooding in Sussex I was on a trip to visit a friend the sat nav picked up the road some way ahead was flooded / closed and rerouted me with minimal fuss
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Thanks, good to know I won't have to mess around with getting NAV via my phone or TomTom like I do in my V40.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Anyone else think that the display is a bit bland? It could do with a bit more colour and more topographical features shown IMHO.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.