Build quality issues

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

:lol: I think it’s purpose is purely to provide an additional means of dimming part of the glare from the Lava carpets
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

morrishey wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 pm Seen a comment somewhere else as being usable as a sunglasses holder
I've got two pens in it. Bugger all use for anything else. Perhaps when my wife is in the passenger seat more often she'll eventually find the one thing it's perfect for.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

pjm007 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm :lol: I think it’s purpose is purely to provide an additional means of dimming part of the glare from the Lava carpets
It's "ambiance" not glair! Haha
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:02 am
pjm007 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm :lol: I think it’s purpose is purely to provide an additional means of dimming part of the glare from the Lava carpets
It's "ambiance" not glair! Haha

On that word, as I was reading up more last night and testing the various complicated options for interior light settings, I noted that the manual differentiates between “ambience” and “ambient” lighting options! Or maybe a typo or translation error?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Think its for holding a mobile phone that's what my partner uses it for.
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

Well, not the best panel fit ive ever seen... going back for them to sort....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4vd9yxpo6d6l ... 4.mp4?dl=0
XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May
Deleted User 1286

Post by Deleted User 1286 »

I've had the same issue with the little pocket area near the center console on the driver side. Despite pressing it back in, after driving a while it comes loose again so I'll need the dealership to find a better fix than some velcro strips to keep it in place. I've been using it to keep my loose change.
Deleted User 1286

Another issue I've noticed is that many of the plastic pieces and headliner makes popping or crackling noises when there's a temperature change.

For example, if it's extremely hot outside making the inside of my car hot, when I turn the A/C on, I can hear various parts of the interior of the car popping. It's essentially the expansion and or contraction of the plastic parts in the car.

The one thing that's driving me nuts is my arm rest makes creaking sounds when pressure is applied with my elbow. Need to find a solution to this.
David56

Post by David56 »

jagstyles wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 am Another issue I've noticed is that many of the plastic pieces and headliner makes popping or crackling noises when there's a temperature change.

For example, if it's extremely hot outside making the inside of my car hot, when I turn the A/C on, I can hear various parts of the interior of the car popping. It's essentially the expansion and or contraction of the plastic parts in the car.

The one thing that's driving me nuts is my arm rest makes creaking sounds when pressure is applied with my elbow. Need to find a solution to this.
Saw your arm off??
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Deleted User 1286

David56 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 amSaw your arm off??
I'll get right on that one! :) lol