Volvos Diabolical handling of the XC40 fiasco

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

Like may others out there I have ordered my XC40 R design with an estimated Delivery date at the point of order yet still 6 weeks later find my order is still in a holding pool awaiting a build date.
The Way Volvo are handling this whilst still taking new orders is a disgrace.
I really feel for the dealers who are being offered zero support from Volvo in the UK and cant give any of us frustrated customers answers. I have Phoned Volvo UK customer care on numerous occasions only to be fobbed off and told to ring my dealer. It is a joke - Spending nearly 40K on a car, we should at least have answers and be able to plan our vehicle needs and finances.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS VOLVO - THE WAY YOU HAVE HANDLED LOYAL CUSTOMERS OF YOUR BRAND IS A JOKE.

Having now given up with anybody in the UK assisting I have been in touch with head office in Sweden and also the factory in Gent. The more of us that pester them, hopefully things will improve for UK customers.
Sweden Customer care email is cxo@volvocars.com +4631590000 and Gent is +3292502111

Hopefully Sweden will kick a*** at UK Volvo and Gent if they know how P1ssed customers are. Fingers Crossed.

Maybe - some bad publicity for them too, A trashy Daily Mail story with some pictures of sad people without cars???

Any other ideas on how to get them to do something? I would rather have a date than no date even if it is a long wait.

David56

Post by David56 »

Totally agree, tempting to cancel and get a Dacia Duster instead!!! NOT
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

I completely agree. Coms have been crap. However, look on the bright side - you are an early adopter. Anyone on here right now is. As there are very few xc40s out on the road (have you seen one?) as soon as they are “out there” in numbers, everyone will want one and you will have yours by then - or at least a confirmed date.

I don’t have mine yet and I am anxious to get hold of it but I know I have got one hot, desirable car on my hands when I do get it - even if it’s in boring colour.

So, patience, my friend. But don’t give up the fight!!
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

I'm cancelling next week if I don't get a firm delivery date.

Spoke to the dealer today and was advised they were expecting a communication from Volvo on Tuesday. If no communication arrives or it's of no value I'm going to get an alternative vehicle. Current contenders are BMW X2, Audi Q2 or Mini Countryman hybrid.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Whilst understandably frustrating, this is exactly the same as what was experienced on the release of the F Pace, and I suspect from two personal experiences now in that it is just the fact of what you get by being an 'early adopter'. In my opinion there are two courses of action to take:

1) Accept that you are an early adopter, and that you are one as the XC40 is the best car that meets your needs - Then just be patient and at some point your car will arrive, and you will have a dirty big grin on your face every time you get in and drive it, or

2) Get out now, buy an alternative (probably something that you have already dismissed) and then spend the next few years doing everything possible to ignore the voice in your head that keeps on saying ' if only I had .....'

Bottom-line is that no matter how much huff and puff you make, this won't bring the delivery of the car any further forwards - But will definitely make the experience of pre-ownership, and then maybe overall ownership 'sour'.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
abby606

Post by abby606 »

I agree - I'd just like to be told what is going on.

I don't think I'd mind waiting if I was being told what was going on but it's been nothing but silence for months. Some people are being told they might not get a car until December, frustrating yes but at least someone is talking to you.

Being an early adopter and having to wait is somewhat understandable but a total lack of communication just isn't. We've all got email addresses, Volvo has a website, Twitter, Facebook, dealers have websites, dealers have our contact details - tell us something! It's obviously not going to harm sales, people are buying and Volvo can't keep up.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I agree with the comments about poor communication. It's a bit like waiting for a delayed flight - it's a lot more frustrating when the airline doesn't tell you anything and you are left in the dark about what's going on.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

Sad faces in the Daily Mail is a fantastic idea!
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

If no positive answer From Sweden Mon/Tuesday I'll give Volvo UK one last chance and Tuesday to give me a delivery date before I leak a copy of the letter on the other thread to the Daily Mail and send the mail a link to this forum for comments (I've downloaded a copy in case Volvo UK are reading this and want it deleting)

I can see the headlines - Volvo tell customers to cancel orders leaving hundreds of customers without cars.

I'm sure many more headlines like the above could be pulled from that document that couldn't be legally challenged.

I understand the unprecedented demand has caught them out - I just want communication and a date, not much to expect when spending so much money.

WAKE UP VOLVO
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Spoke to dealer this morning they advise that all outstanding FE deliveries will be gives dates on the 8th May

Also said the V40 scheme is a mess and unclear. Seems if less than 90 days will be a “loan” car but no clarity on scheme for deliveries beyond 90 days

Have now spoken with Volvo UK, Volvo Sweden and me hopeless response from both

Email UK CEO Jon.wakefield@volvocars.com and let him know what you think. He will not answer but you will get a fob off email from Volvo UK customer support saying speak to your dealer.
T5 FE Bursting Blue 19” Wheels plus Towbar