Volvos Diabolical handling of the XC40 fiasco

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Hardleysecure

Post by Hardleysecure »

I can confirm there are no FE badges - just R Design on the rear of the roof and T5 AWD R Design on the boot - we got ours on Saturday - T5 Osmium Grey 1st Edition - it was a customers Canceled order - as they ran out of 20” wheels and the headlight cleaning system - neither of these bothered us - I do agree Volvo UK has handled all this very badly - they blame it being more succeful than expected !? - we are still waiting for mats, mud flaps and tow bar - as these have run out too - the XC40 launch we went to was great - as was the test drive up till the point we said “yes please we’d like to order a First Edition” - we were told you can’t - they have all sold out ?! - we are loving it - I hope you all are treated better by Volvo than you have been so far

Bertie

Post by Bertie »

In fairness, I emailed Jon Wakefield at 7.30 this evening (Bank Holiday Monday), and he replied in person within minutes.

He's promised to get his Customer Team to investigate and call me tomorrow, so I'll report back with an update in a couple of days.
Gordonian

Post by Gordonian »

Similar to Bertie above, I emailed Jon Wakefield about the delays yesterday. I have just come off a call with customer services (so called) where the script is pretty predictable - demand exceeded expectations, nothing we can do, no compensation, speak to the dealer. I should see car early September (original date was last week).

Overall not surprised but further shows the delta between the quality of the product and the support on offer. Good luck to others.
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Maybe it's part of Volvo's plan to ensure no one ever dies in one of their cars?
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

But they may die waiting for one.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Yes, as Gordonian has already advised, the answers from Customer Services are scripted and offer little in terms of encouragement.

They did however say that anyone who placed an order before the end of March, should be receiving a build date sometime this week, with that likely to be in October or November.

Let's wait and see.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Placed a First Edition XC40 order in March with an estimated delivery in May, this was subsequently changed by the factory to October.

Whenever I am in different locations, I seek out the local Volvo Dealership just to have a sit in their XC40 showroom model.

Do any other prospective delayed XC40 owners have a similar problem or am I just a sad case.

First Edition, D4, Crystal White, Charcoal, 20" Wheels, Ordered March, Delivery October.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Marketry wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 pmSpoke to the dealer today and was advised they were expecting a communication from Volvo on Tuesday.
Did you find out if the Comms from Volvo has come out yet?
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

I could cry!!!!

Just called the dealer after speaking to them yesterday but were waiting for the communication from Volvo.

I have a build date for 8th Nov - My car goes back on 15th June and Volvo have pulled their V40 bridging option.

Now I have to decide what do to.
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Shaenei wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:59 am
Marketry wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:56 pmSpoke to the dealer today and was advised they were expecting a communication from Volvo on Tuesday.
Did you find out if the Comms from Volvo has come out yet?
Not yet and I want to wait to see if they're true to their word and call me.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity