Passenger Airbag SRS Alert!!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DADDY KOOL

Post by DADDY KOOL »

Hi had this " passenger airbag service alert yesterday ! go immediately to dealer!" car has only done 8,000 miles but just out of warranty. is this going to be something major and expensive? what experiences have you had with this fault??

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Have you tried turning it Off and On again?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
DADDY KOOL

Post by DADDY KOOL »

Yes tried that. and checked floor floor damp ingress ,tried all seat belt buckle connections
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

It'll have to be a visit to the dealer then. Hopefully something simple to fix. You may get a good will fix it it's not too far out of warranty, especially as it's an airbag fault. Let us know how you get on.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
DADDY KOOL

Post by DADDY KOOL »

Thanks for your help on this I will keep you updated!
DADDY KOOL

Post by DADDY KOOL »

Took car to Volvo dealer for diagnostics! They said they had never heard of a Volvo with this fault?? Anyhow diagnosed a front nearside crash sensor failure ,a new one on order with Volvo paying 100% of the full costs ! I had to pay £130 for diagnostics! so a result I will keep you updated! Incidentally there will be a new Vertu Volvo dealer opening in Plymouth in June which will help owners having to travel to Exeter or Truro ! so look forward to June!!!
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

I’d be asking for your diagnosis fee back. They’ve found a fault, which is being covered by Volvo for you, you shouldn’t need to pay the diagnostic fee now…