On Call App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Wondering if anyone can confirm if this can start the car remotely? Also if you can put the app on more than one phone. Any thing else cool it can do?

Thanks,

Tom
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.

senwar

Post by senwar »

Yes it can start the car remotely. Did it in error the other night lol!

Decent app though and good for tracking mileage
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Sounds very good for the cold winter mornings... Just have to wait now until my arrival.

Thanks,

Tom
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Things I have found it good for:

1. Quick reminder as to whether I need to get fuel on next trip (and can plan accordingly before getting to the car)
2. Tracking mileage (and being able to export data so not lost/can analysis in different ways).
3. Comfort check that "yes I did lock it"
4. Remote start (but only used once - and now waiting for cold weather to return)
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Boomer wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm Things I have found it good for:

1. Quick reminder as to whether I need to get fuel on next trip (and can plan accordingly before getting to the car)
2. Tracking mileage (and being able to export data so not lost/can analysis in different ways).
3. Comfort check that "yes I did lock it"
4. Remote start (but only used once - and now waiting for cold weather to return)
Actually received a notification earlier - about 10 mins after coming in the house. Told me car was unlocked. That was good (and unexpected).
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

tomtimmyturbo wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 am Also if you can put the app on more than one phone.
I have app on both iPhone and Ipad Both work fine.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

App on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. I’m just an old techno geek.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Richard8

Post by Richard8 »

Hi guys

Hope guys can help me out
I ordered the r design pro T3 petrol manual

Can i use the app oncall volvo on this model- esp heating the car remotely and starting the engine

Please let me know
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Richard8 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:20 pm Hi guys

Can i use the app oncall volvo on this model- esp heating the car remotely and starting the engine

Please let me know

You can use the App but .... I don’t believe you can do either of the things you mention. Remote Heating (Pre-conditioning) does not work at all as the XC40 doesn't come fitted with a parking heater (see other extensive Threads), and you can only use Remote Start with an Auto box, not Manual.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
deanio

Post by deanio »

pjm007 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:32 pm
Richard8 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:20 pm Hi guys

Please let me know

You can use the App but .... I don’t believe you can do either of the things you mention. Remote Heating (Pre-conditioning) does not work at all as the XC40 doesn't come fitted with a parking heater (see other extensive Threads), and you can only use Remote Start with an Auto box, not Manual.
Hi. I complained to Volvo customer services about the lack of pre heat in the XC40 when the brochure promotes this feature. This was their response in an email...

Thank you for confirming,

I have contacted Lincoln Volvo & spoken with Andrew, he has confirmed your order does have pre conditioning included.

This a standard feature with the R design XC40, but not all models of the XC40 such as Momentum.

I trust I have been able to assist with your query & thank you again for contacting Volvo Car UK Customer Relation's.

Kind regards.

Nicola Holmes

Customer Relations Consultant

VOLVO CAR UK LIMITED

Very strange indeed as they seem to think they do come with the ability to pre condition the car.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D