On Call App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
SquirrelGT

Post by SquirrelGT »

@hdasmith thanks for the reply. Ours will be the auto so it sounds as though we'll be able to remote start and warm this way.

Many thanks
T4 R-Design Pro | Osmium Grey | Ordered 13th Oct | Scheduled Delivery 18th Feb

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Used remote start last couple of cold mornings it’s lovely to get into a warm car with the seats and steering wheel nice and warm
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
SquirrelGT

Post by SquirrelGT »

I didn't think it was possible to set the wheel and seats to come on?

Is that controlled via the app?
T4 R-Design Pro | Osmium Grey | Ordered 13th Oct | Scheduled Delivery 18th Feb
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Settings are done from the centre screen in one of the menus I will have a look tonight to remind myself how it’s done and will report back, I’ve got the heater blowing, the front and rear screen on along with the heated driver seat and the steering wheel
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

From memory they are in Settings - Climate.

There are then a number of options you can toggle on/off to happen at start.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Vaerlose, DK

Post by Vaerlose, DK »

In Denmark preconditioning (heating or ventilation ) is part of the On Call package, We have tried it several times, and it works just fine. I don't know how long time is best for the engine, but starting 5-10 minutes before driving is sufficient for a good temperature i the cabin.
With the On Call you can see all the essential parameters for the car, even where it is parked, and if I understand it correct, you can call Volvo and ask them to stop the car if it stolen.
XC40 Momentum, First Mover. T5 aut. AWD. Onyx Black, 18". On the road since March '18.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Imagine if the on call system got hacked and they turned off the engine on every Volvo car with on call
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:07 pm Imagine if the on call system got hacked and they turned off the engine on every Volvo car with on call
Fiat’s equivalent was hacked a few years ago, and people were able to drive the car away without the key. Hopefully Volvo’s is more secure!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018