On Call App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Well that’s a very interesting answer from Nicola, which is not supported by the current price list & specification document.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&hilit=Parking+heater
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

deanio

Post by deanio »

pjm007 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am Well that’s a very interesting answer from Nicola, which is not supported by the current price list & specification document.

She sent me the link to the manual where it shows you how to program the timer for the pre conditioning via the screen in the vehicle.

Has anybody who already has their car managed to get this working from the app or via the cars screen?
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

deanio wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:56 am
pjm007 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am Well that’s a very interesting answer from Nicola, which is not supported by the current price list & specification document.

She sent me the link to the manual where it shows you how to program the timer for the pre conditioning via the screen in the vehicle.

Has anybody who already has their car managed to get this working from the app or via the cars screen?

You can certainly program a timer on the central screen and in the App. It is then ignored. Without a physical parking heater in the vehicle, there won’t be any pre-conditioning.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Can also confirm preheating does NOT work for UK spec vehicles, no fuel driven heater is installed.

You can however preheat the vehicle by remotely starting the car and if temperature conditions are met the car can either heat or cool the cabin.

The app based preheating and vehicle menu preheating options will not work for scheduled pre heating.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

How do do get your car to have the heated seats on and what have you in the morning. I don’t really understand the timer etc. How are you meant to use it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
tomtimmyturbo

Post by tomtimmyturbo »

Bump!
Black stone First edition ordered. 19/01/18.
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

I guess when the car starts remotely, the heater also kicks in to get to your normal preset temp.
Additionally , I use the app to send my destination to the cars satnav before I leave the house. Works great. Just get in and go.
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have the heater that runs on the petrol. I can set it to be warm at 8:00 in the morning, it will then start the heater 7:30 to have the car heated at 8:00.

Or at least, that how it work on my old V60, I am sure it is the same on the XC40. I haven’t tested it yet, it is not cold enough in the morning yet.

There is also an opting to have the seat heater turned on automatically when you get into the car.

BR Morten
SquirrelGT

Post by SquirrelGT »

Hi all, i just wanted to confirm if this works on a UK spec car?

Can the Oncall app start the car and heat to whatever the temperature was last set to? Or can someone explain how it works?
Thanks
T4 R-Design Pro | Osmium Grey | Ordered 13th Oct | Scheduled Delivery 18th Feb
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Hi Squirrel, we don’t get the heater function for when the engine’s off in the UK, so you can’t tell it to pre-warm. If you’ve got an automatic, you should be able to start the engine remotely, which should include the heater. Unfortunately, I haven’t got mine yet, and it’ll be a manual when it does arrive, so won’t even be able to try it. Never mind.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018