Has anyone successfully found the "Invitation" button on Volvo on Call app?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Pinderella

Post by Pinderella »

Hello - I was told that the red key fob can be used for "digital sharing" of the car (I am in the US). To do so, according to the salesperson and the manual, I would send an "invitation" through the Volvo on Call app to the person I wanted to give permission to use my car. I have yet to find anyone who can tell me where this invitation sharing button is on the app. The salesman can't help me, Volvo on Call, doesn't know...but it is in the manual. I have a Samsung Note 8 if that makes a difference.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Well... here is the link to the instructions ....

https://support.volvocars.com/en-CA/Pag ... 51219c41c8

but not sure it's that helpful.

I'm in the UK but can't see the "share button" in the app that is referenced but then I don't think car share is active in the UK yet. Is it active in the US?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Definitely no Share function in the App here in the UK. Can’t order a delivery to my boot (trunk) yet either!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Pinderella

Post by Pinderella »

Boomer wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:07 pm Well... here is the link to the instructions ....

https://support.volvocars.com/en-CA/Pag ... 51219c41c8

but not sure it's that helpful.

I'm in the UK but can't see the "share button" in the app that is referenced but then I don't think car share is active in the UK yet. Is it active in the US?
Everyone seems to have the instructions but no one can find the actual button. Haha From what I'm told, the car share is active but I don't think anyone is using it because they can't find the button! :lol:
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Anyone had any luck with this yet? just been looking and can't figure it out
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
be0ne

Post by be0ne »

I have the option under Car (tab) > car sharing (you have to activate it first) > invite more friends.

I'm using the app in French so translations may differ a bit
XC40 T3 R-Design (+packs & options) ordered in March - delivered August.
Volvoboy

Post by Volvoboy »

This function can be used in the UK but due to insurance rules will not be used much. Because you have to leave a key in the car if it was stolen, in the UK you would not be insured. There is a large UK company who use this function for staff flying into the country as they can be sent codes to pick up a pool car left at an airport by another staff member and cars can be rotated that way very efficiently. It saves them so much in hire cars that it is worth self insuring the potential theft of a car due to the technology which is very low.
deanio

Post by deanio »

Volvoboy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 pm This function can be used in the UK but due to insurance rules will not be used much. Because you have to leave a key in the car if it was stolen, in the UK you would not be insured. There is a large UK company who use this function for staff flying into the country as they can be sent codes to pick up a pool car left at an airport by another staff member and cars can be rotated that way very efficiently. It saves them so much in hire cars that it is worth self insuring the potential theft of a car due to the technology which is very low.
I wasn’t aware you had to leave a key in the car for this feature.
I thought you just sent a code to a friend / family member who has Volvo on call app on their phone. They then enter the code on the sensus screen to enable the car.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D