All Volvo XC40 related discussions
bec21xc40

Post by bec21xc40 »

Ah-ha, must be that then
Thanks everyone
Black T5 FE ......my own black beauty

PC40

Post by PC40 »

Mine went off this morning due to a parked car on the other side of the road on a bend. Cleared as soon as I turned the wheel
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
razashah5

Post by razashah5 »

I had it this morning, although I'm pretty sure I wasn't that close to any car. Just driving along at around 30mph. Also the brakes were automatically applied and the car skidded for a second, but then it carried on as normal. A bit disconcerting. I wonder if there's a way to change the sensitivity as suggested?
T4 Inscription Pro - Crystal White - Xenium Pack - Intellisafe Pro
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

razashah5 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 am I wonder if there's a way to change the sensitivity as suggested?
>settings>my car>intellisafe

There's a choice of early/normal/late for city safety warning.

Setting it to 'late' definitely gets rid of many of the false alerts - at the cost of leaving you worried that it might not save you when needed :?
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
razashah5

Post by razashah5 »

Silver Moose wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:41 am
razashah5 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 am I wonder if there's a way to change the sensitivity as suggested?
>settings>my car>intellisafe

There's a choice of early/normal/late for city safety warning.

Setting it to 'late' definitely gets rid of many of the false alerts - at the cost of leaving you worried that it might not save you when needed :?
Nice one. Will give that a go tonight. ;)
T4 Inscription Pro - Crystal White - Xenium Pack - Intellisafe Pro
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Mines flashes (and buzzes) the collision warning regularly for no clear reason. It seems to happen most often on bends so I suspect it's seeing.... something.... that I clearly wouldn't be hitting unless I changed direction and drove straight on.

I Asked about it when it was in for its service last week and was told it wasn't something the dealer would change and was user configurable in the settings. My warning alert settings were set to Normal. Nope, sorry, the warning going off that regularly is not normal, but I wouldn't be happy turning the warning down from normal to late.
abby606

Post by abby606 »

Here's my theory and it could be a load of nonsense. I get this a lot on my drive home when I'm passing parked cars on the left and getting very close to the white line on the right to pass them and thus getting close to traffic coming toward me. The road is wide enough of this to happen but the car thinks I'm going to hit something and gives me the warning (and gives the brakes a sharp tap and makes the ABS noise).

Note this is different to the car full on slowing/stopping itself to prevent a collision which gives a different message (something like City Safe intervened).

When I use Pilot Assist, the car loves hugging the left hand white line which is fine in the left lane but a little bit worrisome in the right hand lane. I'm wondering if it thinks the parked cars as described above are closer/more of a hazard than they actually are.

Perhaps it's completely different systems controlling these, that's why it's my theory!
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

@abby06, yes, that would make sense to me and tallies with my experience.
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

bec21xc40 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 pm Can anyone help identify what & why I occasionally get a red car warning light flash on at the top of the dashboard? Can't decide if i'm being over zealous with my right foot! 8-)
Is this symbol static or flashing? If flashing, it is collision warning ⚠️! I get that often with nothing in front of me.

I have been advised today, that my dash cam was interfering with bulking Intellisafe box in the top middle of your windshield.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
CM999

Post by CM999 »

Just a thought, took my D3 R Design for a free three month check today, the technician came out and informed me about re-locating my Nextbase dash cam, it was just to the left of my rear view mirror, he said nothing should be fixed to the windscreen in this area as the radar can sometimes pick it up and activate collision mitigation.
I have now moved camera to the lower left of the windscreen and fed the wire down the side of the dash (by airbag switch) through the back of the glove box and into cigarette socket, looks very tidy!!