Harman Kardon stereo?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I picked up my FE this morning and I've had a play with the infotainment this afternoon.
Seriously guys, not loud enough???, you have to be joking, it almost blows the bloody doors off!

Tested it with some flac tracks, Rather Be (Instrumental) by Cool Bandit, Frankenstein by Edgar Winter and Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I have no complaints, it sounds great.

I'm a 62 year old so my hearing is not what it used to be, maybe you guys who think it's too quiet should go get your hearing checked out...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

Patrice03

Post by Patrice03 »

Believe must be software issue limiting for some outpu or parameters .? But havent seeen
Gre

Post by Gre »

When I picked up the car, I was disappointed by the HK system ( coming from BMW X1 HK) . However after about 2 weeks I sat down and started playing with the settings and the Equalizer. Honestly this Hk on the xc40 is way much better than the one I had on the X1. Sound is cristal clear and the surround is superb. You just need to fiddle with the sound then you can enjoy the HK sound experience. Good job HK.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Deffo loud enough for me, I'm not even on half volume listening to DAB stations. Not sure why people don't think it's loud enough, either your systems faulty or you need a hearing test
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
David56

Post by David56 »

Shaenei wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:23 am Deffo loud enough for me, I'm not even on half volume listening to DAB stations. Not sure why people don't think it's loud enough, either your systems faulty or you need a hearing test
PARDON?
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

David56 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:10 am
Shaenei wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:23 am Deffo loud enough for me, I'm not even on half volume listening to DAB stations. Not sure why people don't think it's loud enough, either your systems faulty or you need a hearing test
PARDON?
:lol:
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Gre wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 am When I picked up the car, I was disappointed by the HK system ( coming from BMW X1 HK) . However after about 2 weeks I sat down and started playing with the settings and the Equalizer. Honestly this Hk on the xc40 is way much better than the one I had on the X1. Sound is cristal clear and the surround is superb. You just need to fiddle with the sound then you can enjoy the HK sound experience. Good job HK.
I'm so glad you said that, I had a Mini and an X1 with HK. Wasn't as good as the standard fit Sony stereo in my old Focus but it was more than capable with most frequencies.
I'm driving a V40 R-Design now, standard stereo and it's fantastic nearly up there with my old Focus just with a lot more trim rattles... I just got worried that the quality wasn't good enough because they removed the door speakers in the XC40 but kept them in the S60/V60/XC60/S90/V90/XC90...
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have now driven more than 10.000km, and I am still pleased with it.

Funfact, when the volume is high and the start/stop kicks ind the audio quality is reduced, just shows how much current the amplifier needs, I like it :D

Br Morten
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

I think it’s rather decent...better than the Bose system in my other car. Think putting the surround sound on full makes the sound nice and rich. It’s obviously not going to trouble a proper home separates system.
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

I like the HK in my XC40 on a par with the Bose i had in an Audi some years ago, didn't spec it in this car as I bought a demo. Good sound but probably not worth the asking price.
T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red