Harman Kardon stereo?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

I'm still playing around with the settings on mine but I have noticed that the maximum volume isn't especially loud, does anyone else notice this?
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Finding stereo very good for what I use it for although as u say full volume not very loud unless you give the bass all it has to offer
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

After 6k miles, my HK system is really warming up nicely :-)
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Joer

Post by Joer »

I’ve just picked up my xc40 today and my biggest gripe with it so far is the stereo.
The volume is shocking, on both playing music either via BT or DAB. And during a telephone call I struggled to hear the call
on the motorway at 70 with windows up.
It’s either trip back to Volvo or the hearing aid centre.
Is this just me ?
senwar

Post by senwar »

I still stand by the system is very disappointing.

Hoped it would be better with the inbuilt Spotify app which I managed to get a new 6 month free subscription but it just isn’t loud enough even using that. I’ve used BT radio and iPhone via CarPlay and just hugely disappointed.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

Your observations are interesting. I find the volume quite adequate, in fact, I rarely have it more than halfway up. When I put it at 75% it starts hurting my ears! Have you tried playing with the surround settings and the equaliser?
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
senwar

Post by senwar »

trjim2k5 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:48 am Your observations are interesting. I find the volume quite adequate, in fact, I rarely have it more than halfway up. When I put it at 75% it starts hurting my ears! Have you tried playing with the surround settings and the equaliser?
Yes spent quite a bit of time playing around with it all. Not once have I thought this is too loud.
Bob

Post by Bob »

For the first time since I picked the car up I've had chance to sit on the drive and play with it. I find the HK system to be great, much better than the standard Audi system I had fitted to my old Q3, but then I've never had a 'quality' sound system fitted to a car before. As for volume, I couldn't use it at full volume, my ears would bleed! ;)
I think you'd best get the dealer to check out yours Senwar, or at least go and listen to one in another car.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Patrice03

Post by Patrice03 »

Actually find sustem pretty good, not expectional but rather good . Have been playing with surround and equal. Sound is clear, spatial - surround brings a lot - , lacks some bass though but does not bother me , main drawback believe is sound too low , mostly listen at full volume. Find it better than hk equivalent in bimmers/mini, and certsinly on par with meridian in range (less spatial but more bass/volume).. Note that all my cars had premium sound systems and volvo ranks favourably
senwar

Post by senwar »

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm For the first time since I picked the car up I've had chance to sit on the drive and play with it. I find the HK system to be great, much better than the standard Audi system I had fitted to my old Q3, but then I've never had a 'quality' sound system fitted to a car before. As for volume, I couldn't use it at full volume, my ears would bleed! ;)
I think you'd best get the dealer to check out yours Senwar, or at least go and listen to one in another car.
To be honest Bob I can’t be bothered. I’ve got a number of faults with my car that the dealer can’t find or fix and this one is not really high on my list. It’s not causing me a problem as audio works but I’m just not overly impressed with it.

Just glad I love the car as the service I’ve received from dealer to date has been pretty poor although in fairness this week they’ve been better.