Interior Coloured LED Lights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NemosMum

Post by NemosMum »

Hi all,

We took delivery of our T5 xc40 on Tuesday, have to say we absolutely love it so far having ordered without ever seeing or driving one.

We are slowly getting to grips with all the options and settings and creating profiles etc. I’ve noticed that the interior lights (footwell, door panels etc) stay white regardless of what profile or colour we select (I.e. by temp or by a specific colour).

Before we raise an issue with our local dealer is there something really stupid that we are and aren’t doing?

Thanks in advance.
NM
XC40 First Edition T5 - Bursting Blue/Charcoal 20"

Chrismgreen

Post by Chrismgreen »

You will find (hopefully) that all colour are pin lights at 3 points.... Over rear mirror and over each rear doors. They are not very bright,. In fact the blue option seems to be the most effective. {wear a white shirt and sit in drivers seat and page thru colours in the dead of night, if working your shirt will change tones!! It's subtle to the point of nearly ineffective..........
XC40 FE | D4 | Crystal White | Black interior: delivery date? Got it end April..
NemosMum

Post by NemosMum »

Hi, thanks for the response that helped to restore my sanity. Went out in the dead of night to have another play and located the 3 tiny lights and ‘enjoyed’ the ambient effect! Seems very odd not to have the other interior lights coloured too and not what I was expecting at all. I guess that’s what you get for buying a car you’ve never seen. Thanks again.
NM
XC40 First Edition T5 - Bursting Blue/Charcoal 20"
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Chrismgreen wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:20 pm It's subtle to the point of nearly ineffective..........

Yes - almost impossible to detect. Another feature dumbed down by cost management for the XC40?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Yep, good point here - this was a real disappointment for me. My wife used to have this on a Mini, and it really added some character and mood to the interior. The implementation on the XC40 is just pointless - it adds nothing as you can't really detect it!
Tim_leblanc

Post by Tim_leblanc »

Completely agree with James Blonde. The colored lights were a real disappoint for me. I really expected all the interior trim lights to be colored. Why even have it an option if you can't notice what color is selected.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Is there a way of dimming the white lights while maintaining the brightness of the coloured lights?

I think I remember seeing that you can switch the white off, but I quite like them, just toned down.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

NemosMum wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:10 pm Hi all,

We took delivery of our T5 xc40 on Tuesday, have to say we absolutely love it so far having ordered without ever seeing or driving one.

We are slowly getting to grips with all the options and settings and creating profiles etc. I’ve noticed that the interior lights (footwell, door panels etc) stay white regardless of what profile or colour we select (I.e. by temp or by a specific colour).

Before we raise an issue with our local dealer is there something really stupid that we are and aren’t doing?

Thanks in advance.
NM
I was in the same position of not seeing or driving one, but am very pleased with my D3 R after 2 weeks and 500 miles. Also in the same situation with the mood lighting!
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Finally sorted out the mood lighting. My advice to any new owners is not to bother. It's not a disco effect, more a funeral parlour.
Patrice03

Post by Patrice03 »

hdasmith wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 pm Is there a way of dimming the white lights while maintaining the brightness of the coloured lights?

I think I remember seeing that you can switch the white off, but I quite like them, just toned down.
i believe so in the parameter window / light , both can be adjusted. but not sure will help much as the ambient lightening sucks anyway