Interior Coloured LED Lights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mss911

Post by mss911 »

I find to get the best of the interior 'mood' lighting you need to switch them to full & switch off the both the footwell & dash lighting options. Red & blue work best.

Agree with the other poster here that the setup doesn't appear well thought out - surely colour leds should be in all locations. Given how many other 'clever' options are included this must have been a bad day in the office for the design team :idea: :o :shock:

Peter G

Post by Peter G »

I have found using the instrument dimmer wheel switch under the steering wheel works for me....So first setting the interior lights to half strength in settings and then go lower on the instrument dimmer ;0)
2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover
Spitzsticker

Post by Spitzsticker »

Good grief, I too wondered why I could get no visible effect from changing colours. Now I know, in time for Halloween too. I can frighten people by sitting in my car in the dark, with white shirt on of course, changing colour at will. How spooky is that!
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

It was a proper dissappointment for me as my last car, Focus Titanium X, had ambient lighting and it was really obvious throughout the car, easy to change colour and adjust strength from a dimmer - Volvo should have left it off rather than make a half a*sed attempt at it.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

On collection of my xc40 Momentum Pro, i was shown ambient light in the footwell which I “didn’t” notice.
Ambient light, what ambient? Help please!
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

The only effect the 'Mood Lighting' has on me is to put me in a very bad mood, for it is non existent. I drove a BMW 640i GT last week, and that had proper mood lighting all around the inside. In all fairness though, when one is a 'Victor Meldrew', nothing would put me in a good mood.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Last night I thought I'd set up the ambient/mood lighting and having set it to blue and like others expected the decor lighting to change to blue like on my wife's previous Mini.

To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. It took me a while to spot the tiny blue LEDs. How pathetic and why did Volvo bother.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

ChrisLF wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:46 pm Last night I thought I'd set up the ambient/mood lighting and having set it to blue and like others expected the decor lighting to change to blue like on my wife's previous Mini.

To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. It took me a while to spot the tiny blue LEDs. How pathetic and why did Volvo bother.
Think I probably posted last year on this too. I had a focus previously, not only was the colour really clear, I could also alter the brightness on a dimmer. Focus had the colour along the doors & on the door pockets as well so it really did show - but volvo's attempt is rubbish. The little lights just look out of place and pointless
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)