STILL haven't seen......

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

mattdesign wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 pm I saw a white one on the A264 around Copthorne travelling East on Saturday morning.

But before that it's been weeks since I last saw one.

Saw a grey one on the A22 at Felbridge heading south
Saw a white one on the A22 at Felbridge heading north
Saw a white one on the M23 J9 Spur going towards Gatwick South Terminal
Saw a red one on the M40 heading south long before that

So I think that's 5 in the wild.

Plus I've seen a grey one pre-PDI outside nearest Dealer and they have a blue demonstrator on the forecourt too.
Eastbourne dealer had at least 4 when I visited there in May, a red one in the showroom, a white and blue one outside and white pre-PDI one in the car park.
I've seen quite a few on the A22 and A21. There's quite a few of them around Burwash, Robertsbridge, Hastings, Bexhill and Eastbourne from what I've seen now.

I go into the Eastbourne dealership every now and then to make sure I'm doing the right thing by hanging on to my order and not going for the BMW X1 instead.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

David56

Post by David56 »

I have had mine 5 weeks today now and still haven't seen another on the road/ parked up!
Makes me think i'm the only one who has one in the northwest east anglia area, which I quite like to be honest.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
Oakview

Post by Oakview »

I wonder as there are so few XC40s on the road we should initiate a ‘Hello’ signal when we see one??
My first car was a ‘63 MGB Roadster and I really enjoyed the tradition when meeting anther MGB coming the other way of ‘flashing’ each other with High Beam. Just a thought....
XC40 FE | MY19 (cancelled MY18.5 order) | T5 AWD | Crystal White | took on order March, arrived 5th September : :D : |
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Drove around most of Cornwall and half of Devon earlier this week. Didn’t see any 40s. Driven a long way up the M6 this morning - none again! Hen’s teeth.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Yet to see one in the wild. Possibly a good thing as passing ones regularly would only make the long wait for mine more frustrating!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Oakview wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am I wonder as there are so few XC40s on the road we should initiate a ‘Hello’ signal when we see one??
My first car was a ‘63 MGB Roadster and I really enjoyed the tradition when meeting anther MGB coming the other way of ‘flashing’ each other with High Beam. Just a thought....
Excellent...it can be the new ‘Hello to Jason Issac’
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Recently completed 1500 miles down to and around northern Spain on motorcycle over ten days, did not see any XC40's untill the final day when I spotted one parked up in Pamplona. Even more recently spotted one in southern Portugal. So not just a rear car in Britain alone! Also spotted more locally to myself a silver XC40 on 67 plates, must of been an ex dealers demo from somewhere as my local dealer only had white cars.
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:35 pm Recently completed 1500 miles down to and around northern Spain on motorcycle over ten days, did not see any XC40's untill the final day when I spotted one parked up in Pamplona. Even more recently spotted one in southern Portugal. So not just a rear car in Britain alone! Also spotted more locally to myself a silver XC40 on 67 plates, must of been an ex dealers demo from somewhere as my local dealer only had white cars.

A rear car indeed. It does have a very well designed rear!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Bob

Post by Bob »

I've spotted a few in my area recently, the most recent being in Lancaster Sainsbury's yesterday afternoon. My Mrs spotted it first, saying "what car is that?", my reply being "it's exactly like the one we have on order dear". It was a White FE, from Nottingham I think.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Must live in an XC40 hotspot. Have now seen 4 just in our village alone (not including mine), 2 Bursting Blue, 1 white and 1 red.

Travelling up to Northumberland last week yielded 3 sightings all Blue at different locations at different times, they could have all been the same car of course.

Only seen R Design/FEs - has anybody in the UK seen any Inscriptions or Momentums on the road?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18