Smaller Wheels!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
dek40

Post by dek40 »

My dealer said that they have just received my car. I was excited. The salesman sent me a video with it just off the transporter covered in plastic wrapping. I spotted that the 20"wheels that I ordered have been replaced by 19" wheels. The car does not look like I expected and the wheels are a big thing for me. Anyone else been shafted like this? Considering my options at the moment.

D4 FE Crystal White Lava Orange and wee wheels
XC40 FE Crystal White D4 20" beauties Lava Orange Gardex Paint Protection. No headlamp washers. AKA 'Helga'

MPS 1

Post by MPS 1 »

That's annoying, and you had no prior knowledge this would happen?

I'd say your definitely in your rights to reject, only problem being it might be quite a wait for 20" wheels to replace it.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

dek40 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm My dealer said that they have just received my car. I was excited. The salesman sent me a video with it just off the transporter covered in plastic wrapping. I spotted that the 20"wheels that I ordered have been replaced by 19" wheels. The car does not look like I expected and the wheels are a big thing for me. Anyone else been shafted like this? Considering my options at the moment.

Have you confirmed if it has headlamp washers?
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
Gordonian

Post by Gordonian »

Can’t say same will happen but I had this on an S4 Avant. Wrong wheels on delivery, Audi admitted error straight away and agreed to replace. I took car whilst awaiting replacements which took about 3 weeks. Wheels swapped over no hassle but the cherry on the cake moment was that Audi/Dealer left me with the other full set of wheels and tyres as compensation for their error!! Perfect. Winter wheels for a couple of years then sold!

Hopefully you are just as lucky.
dek40

Post by dek40 »

Thanks. The salesman came back and said that my order had been changed because Volvo had announced that only 19" wheels would be available due to shortage with 20". The car has been a runaway success and they ran out of capacity. Not sure if I believe it. I would have been happy to wait. I ordered my car before the launch night and would be interested to hear if others have been given the same story?
XC40 FE Crystal White D4 20" beauties Lava Orange Gardex Paint Protection. No headlamp washers. AKA 'Helga'

Post by Shaenei »

I got told when ordering that I couldn't have 20" wheels add they didn't have any left but that was after the launch
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
senwar

Post by senwar »

dek40 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 am Thanks. The salesman came back and said that my order had been changed because Volvo had announced that only 19" wheels would be available due to shortage with 20". The car has been a runaway success and they ran out of capacity. Not sure if I believe it. I would have been happy to wait. I ordered my car before the launch night and would be interested to hear if others have been given the same story?
This is correct re the wheels.

However if you ordered with 20s and have not been advised of an issue until delivery then they have not provided you with the vehicle ordered so you have a case/issue with them.

Good luck. Have to say Volvo have made a bit of a mess of this launch really.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
dek40

Post by dek40 »

Thanks all. No idea about the headlamp washers but that is not a big issue for me.
That exciting new car feeling is fading away and I haven't even got the car yet. Disappointed with Volvo. Pretty sure Audi would have handled this better!

Post by Marketry »

If it's not being supplied till September you'd think they'd be able to get the right wheels in by then. They're the last item to go on.

Exactly how slow and inflexible is their supply chain?
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

dek40 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm My dealer said that they have just received my car. I was excited. The salesman sent me a video with it just off the transporter covered in plastic wrapping. I spotted that the 20"wheels that I ordered have been replaced by 19" wheels. The car does not look like I expected and the wheels are a big thing for me. Anyone else been shafted like this? Considering my options at the moment.

Would suggest taking the car on the condition that they commit in writing to replacing your 19s with 20s as soon as available. This sounds like a complete dealer responsibility. They would have known your car was coming with 19s for at least a few weeks. If they have not informed you in advance they are fully liable.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o